• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opermann

Reaction score
Washington Boot in black arrived today. As you can see they're actually polished to a very dark, chocolate brown.

Sized down a half to 10.5, fit is spot on.

nobopyon

Reaction score
I live in dallas, and i saw RRL items at TJmaxx.

However, either they educated themself well or something, now they price RRL stuff higher than typical TJ price.

You may have better luck finding RRL stuff on TJmaxx which carry runway stuff (for women).

I'm guessing for RRL stuff that showed up in TJmaxx randomly, probably will price lowered, however, they stock as RRL, they seem price much higher.

For example, the khaki selvedge denim pants (?! don't know what you call them) start as $99.
but usually, very small size, and very big size usually get marked down as time goes for sure.

Somar

Reaction score
Washington Boot in black arrived today. As you can see they're actually polished to a very dark, chocolate brown.

Nice boots!

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Had a run in with some cement steps last night so i broke out the shoe polish for my Madisons

Those boots really are awesome. Much nicer than my boring black ones. Out of interest, how are you polishing them?

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those boots really are awesome. Much nicer than my boring black ones. Out of interest, how are you polishing them?

Theyre cordovan so im not really polishing them. I scuffed them pretty bad over the weekend so i (for the first time) gave them a very small amount of Alden #8 Cordovan polish to even out the scuff. Besides that just horsehair brush and buff every once in a while

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I live in dallas, and i saw RRL items at TJmaxx.
However, either they educated themself well or something, now they price RRL stuff higher than typical TJ price.
You may have better luck finding RRL stuff on TJmaxx which carry runway stuff (for women).
I'm guessing for RRL stuff that showed up in TJmaxx randomly, probably will price lowered, however, they stock as RRL, they seem price much higher.
For example, the khaki selvedge denim pants (?! don't know what you call them) start as $99.
but usually, very small size, and very big size usually get marked down as time goes for sure.

Its not limited to RRL. The regular polo stuff at Marshalls (same as TJMaxxx) was priced pretty randomly. The RRL jeans I got were marked down to $40 from MRSP of $340, but they had some Polo sweater MSRP at $500 marked down to $250. And another Polo jacket MSRP at $350 marked down to only $200. Then all the Polo sweaters were like $30

srgprod

Reaction score

Glad you picked these up. Extremely comfortable and well built. I bought last year's blond suede model and have been wearing the hell out of them. More people should try these out, they're really great boots.

stickshift

Reaction score

Focking solid boots man. They look much better in person than on the website. I almost pulled the trigger on a pair, but the only thing keeping me back was that I have a pair of Chippewas in a similar color :/

RobearH

Reaction score
I really want it now...but is the fabric itchy?
Definitely not itchy and fit is tts but length is tad shorter then most RRL that I have. Also got the Fair Isle and as others have mentioned thinner material then anticipated. Have not tried that one on since the buttons are still wrapped in protective tissue. R

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this polo knit, 58% wool and 42% merino wool. Any ideas on pilling? It's superheavy weight same as a stark in terms of thickness. Apologies for the poor iPhone pic
tumblr_md7evsiE2O1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

captainshields

Reaction score
Lots more items on sale now.

Where? On the RL site?

edit: Scratch that. Just checked the site. You just cost me a bunch of money by telling me that :) haha
There's an extra 15% off on top of the sale, plus free shipping. not too bad...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads