• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As I'm relatively new to the RRL thread I'm interested who the racist is? :lurk:

Also, I think I want the Black on Blue in a low straight - nice pics NAMOR

Totally agree. Seems like all the interesting colors and washes have been coming out in Slim only.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Indeed! I'm a W36 (RRL W34) and certainly don't consider myself overweight. I just don't think I can get my thighs into a pair of RRL slim fit's EVER. The Black on Blue look very very nice.

You're not the only one. The general consensus here is that you have to size up to get the slims to fit in the thighs, and then just deal with the big waist. So you probably need to look at a tagged 35 or 36 for those.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. I didn't realize these colors come in Low Straight, too; I've only seen Slims so far. Where did you pick these up?

And why are the sizes so different?

i'm the other way around, i thought the "grassy hills" (the green tinted pair) were only available in low straight. i have a pair in 32x32 that i've been trying to sell but no luck... according to the SA, this colorway didnt do too well instore. i dont know why, personally i have a 31x30 and love them. well, maybe bc retail was $360 haha.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm the other way around, i thought the "grassy hills" (the green tinted pair) were only available in low straight. i have a pair in 32x32 that i've been trying to sell but no luck... according to the SA, this colorway didnt do too well instore. i dont know why, personally i have a 31x30 and love them. well, maybe bc retail was $360 haha.

Maybe that's what they did - green in low straight and red in slim. I didn't realize yours are green.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I bought this on eBay the other day (seller named sharwood).

He had it lasted at $249.99
Retail was $199.99
I paid $150 direct through PayPal
It's now full of my personal shad :happy:

$150 was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I needed a wallet, had been eye-ing these ones for a while and was still annoyed that I missed prajna12's sale here on SF a while back. Such a sweet wallet.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No way that is him. He had nothing but disdain for outlet resellers, wouldn't touch the new stuff, and his vintage inventory is unparalleled.

I dunno - if you he who shall not be named's eBay store he was also selling a bunch of recent genericy stuff.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dunno - if you he who shall not be named's eBay store he was also selling a bunch of recent genericy stuff.

Aw come on... who is this dude? Where's he gone anyway? Must have slithered back into the shadows...

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whodini made feel bad about myself so i got a pair of rigid lows 30x32. thanks, deez nutz! the rigids are a tad roomier in the thigh than the rinse, but tighter in the waist. they (feel like they) fit kind of in between the 30 and 31 rinse.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popped down to the RRL on Prince street at lunch today. All the Kon Tiki was on sale along with most of the workshirts (as far as I could see) for $109.99. Also saw a baby blue gingham workshirt for the same $109.00 price - might pick it up over the weekend.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I bought this on eBay the other day (seller named sharwood).

He had it lasted at $249.99
Retail was $199.99
I paid $150 direct through PayPal
It's now full of my personal shad :happy:

$150 was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I needed a wallet, had been eye-ing these ones for a while and was still annoyed that I missed prajna12's sale here on SF a while back. Such a sweet wallet.

nice, i have this in brown but have never used it. a bit too bulky for me... might list it when SF makes that "new change" in the B&S.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whodini made feel bad about myself so i got a pair of rigid lows 30x32. thanks, deez nutz! the rigids are a tad roomier in the thigh than the rinse, but tighter in the waist. they (feel like they) fit kind of in between the 30 and 31 rinse.

no problem man! glad you got them quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads