• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those limited editions are way nicer IRL than the pics on the website

View attachment 2158963

Those look great! I've been wanting a pair of jeans in a shade like that for a while so I think I'm going to give these a try.

Can you comment on the waist sizing? If you've got RRL officer chinos or maybe their "field chinos" how does the sizing compare?

EDIT:
I see now RRL has an actual size chart on most of the product pages now instead of the generic sizing info they used to supply!

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If there were ever a case to be made for a back up pair, it’s these. Maybe my favorite denim to come from RRL in years

IMG_4965.jpeg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Color is pretty cool. But, these seem to be following the disturbing trend of putting a zip fly in more of the denim. I loathe a zip fly. It used to only be in the non-selvedge denim made in Mexico, but now is turning up in lots of RRL denim. I hope it is short-lived.

Normally I'd agree, but both pair of high slims I have (these and the tan ones from last year) have zip fly, and I have to say, I was happy they did. Maybe its the rise or where they are worn, but when I have high waisted (a lot of the vintage 5 pocket I own have high waist/rise and button fly) jeans with button flies, they just don't feel right for some reason..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those look great! I've been wanting a pair of jeans in a shade like that for a while so I think I'm going to give these a try.

Can you comment on the waist sizing? If you've got RRL officer chinos or maybe their "field chinos" how does the sizing compare?

EDIT:
I see now RRL has an actual size chart on most of the product pages now instead of the generic sizing info they used to supply!

Yeah was about to say, I am typically a 32 in officer/field chinos, and bought these in a 33 like my other high slims. I probably could have done a 32 since the denim will stretch out and I need to wear a belt with the 33, but figure I'd rather grow into them than grow out of them over time if ya know what I mean, so I kept the 33

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
damn I just gambled on a high slim being vanity sized at least a bit...

I mean, they definitely are, but probably not much more vanity sized than any of RRL's chinos or denim. In other words, if you are a 30 in officer or field chino, a 30 would likely work for you, but 29 may be a better fit given more stretch.. this denim is super rigid which is one of the things I like most about it, and the fades will be phenomenal.. however, hoping the sanforization process means I won't lose much length, or they won't be able to be cuffed after that first wash or two

michaelvl

Reaction score
RL really nailed it color wise with these "turquoise" Limited Edition RRL jeans. They created something special. Overall the jeans look great, however I personally much prefer the more conventional angular seat pocket design compared to these "Lee" inspired ones.

alex99

Reaction score
The sizing chart on the officer's chinos is way off. I bought a size 30 after seeing the chart list the waist as 32. Turns out the waist was 29.8 unstretched. I'm a true 31 and always buy 31 in RRL slim fit denim and cords. I should have known better. Most annoying thing is that 31x30 is sold out in Olive, so will have to wait it out for a re-stock.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got the high slim in 29, 30 would definitely worked better, this is can still wear it but might getting some used to (and I feel leg opening is narrower than slim, though all my slim are really old)

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing chart on the officer's chinos is way off. I bought a size 30 after seeing the chart list the waist as 32. Turns out the waist was 29.8 unstretched. I'm a true 31 and always buy 31 in RRL slim fit denim and cords. I should have known better. Most annoying thing is that 31x30 is sold out in Olive, so will have to wait it out for a re-stock.
i bet if you buy another pair of the same size the waist will be completely different

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads