• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jordanletner

Reaction score
Well...I found one online and ordered it...along with the much talked about Leather-Yoke Quilted Oilcloth/"Breckenridge" Jacket and a couple of waffle/thermals. Will see how they work out.

I am assuming the hat is from 2023 season (fall/winter or spring/summer)?

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it

Re: Old fashions...That is my drink of choice too.
Eager to hear what you think of the jacket. I didn't find it worth the full price but might seek it out again when it hits a sale.

G Khan

Reaction score
Eager to hear what you think of the jacket. I didn't find it worth the full price but might seek it out again when it hits a sale.
I will definitely let you know. In the past I waited for sales, but now they seem to be fewer and fleeting. In demand items don't seem make it to the sale like they used to back in the good old days. Maybe the eBayers & resellers gobble up inventory??! This jacket in L is sold out almost everywhere online other than RL site. Otherwise, I would have waited until it dropped some too.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
🤔

J Crew
IMG_8302.jpeg

IMG_8303.jpeg

Reaction score
Funny you show this because I've been looking at the J. Crew and also kicking myself for not getting the RRL argyle last year. I was torn because due to it being $495 and 89% polyester/11% wool. I understand their are different qualities of polyester but still.
I have it and love the fit, it looks amazing, it feels great to wear, it's warm and comfortable - but the quality feels lacking. I am not rough on it, and I've already had some glaring issues with stitching. Kind of bummed about it.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Brogue has a couple sizes of the RRL argyle for $325. The j crew one is 40% off so about $170.

jordanletner

Reaction score
I have it and love the fit, it looks amazing, it feels great to wear, it's warm and comfortable - but the quality feels lacking. I am not rough on it, and I've already had some glaring issues with stitching. Kind of bummed about it.

Do you find it true to size? A shame to hear that you're having issues only a year in

Brogue has a couple sizes of the RRL argyle for $325. The j crew one is 40% off so about $170.

Good looking out

SeoulSoul

Reaction score
RRL jeans, tried them in a shop and ended up really liking them. They're very slim - against current trends - I wonder whether they're too slim or rather-slim-but-right.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-10 um 21.41.29.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-10 um 21.41.29.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 133

michaelvl

Reaction score
RRL jeans, tried them in a shop and ended up really liking them. They're very slim - against current trends - I wonder whether they're too slim or rather-slim-but-right.
To pull off the slim-narrow jeans, the person wearing them shall need to be thin himself (I reckon sub 10% body fat).
I'm a size 32x32 and about 15% body fat, I personally won't buy any pants with a leg opening narrower than 39CM -> ~15 1/4 inches.
You don't want to give off this sort of vibe.

Attachments

• men-over-30-in-skinny-jeans-254520.jpg
    men-over-30-in-skinny-jeans-254520.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 131

Bing75

Reaction score
Shearling ranch vest, jacquard shirt, low straights. Tricker's.
View attachment 2066687

Ha beaten me to it, I'm gonna take a look at this during the week hopefully one of the London stores has it. Are those collars huge are have you stood them up from the back?

It's because of this item I've started looking into gillet vests. I think wear with a decent pair of 25oz Iron hearts, UHW flannel and either some Red wing moc toes or Jordan 1s and I'll be set!!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProstadiOfficial