• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
@sinnedk copped
fistbump.gif

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IF has a shearing bauhaus for $2150, will something like this ever pop up, new or used at a much cheaper price or no?

ActionDad

Reaction score
Anyone know when RO changed the epaulets on the Stooges? The jacket no longer has the buttons on the shoulders where the epaulet comes into the neck. Was it a cost-cutting measure when they started making the jacket in Moldova, a design decision or both?

Thoughts?

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, RO in general has declined not only in quality and bang for buck, but even in labor costs. A few years ago they would send the leather and patterns to moldova to construct so you had pretty decent work on Made in Moldova jackets, but apparently now everything is being sourced in Moldova, Whereas the Italy jackets now have leather sourced in Italy and shipped to Moldova for manufacturing and then shipped back to simply add the cotton lining and tags.
T-shirts are now using much lower quality and priced bamboo viscose to replace the wood viscose tee's. I guess this is just what happens when the demand is too high and RO is all over the mainstream. A year ago you could only find Drkshdw at barneys, maxfield, traffic and maybe a few niche shops in malibu or venice, but now it's being sold at the beverly center and numerous start up shops in downtown and on fairfax.

Sorry for the rant, but it just hurts to see a brand I deeply respect and admire slowly sliding its way down into the racks of loehmanns.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, RO in general has declined not only in quality and bang for buck, but even in labor costs. A few years ago they would send the leather and patterns to moldova to construct so you had pretty decent work on Made in Moldova jackets, but apparently now everything is being sourced in Moldova, Whereas the Italy jackets now have leather sourced in Italy and shipped to Moldova for manufacturing and then shipped back to simply add the cotton lining and tags.
T-shirts are now using much lower quality and priced bamboo viscose to replace the wood viscose tee's. I guess this is just what happens when the demand is too high and RO is all over the mainstream. A year ago you could only find Drkshdw at barneys, maxfield, traffic and maybe a few niche shops in malibu or venice, but now it's being sold at the beverly center and numerous start up shops in downtown and on fairfax.

Sorry for the rant, but it just hurts to see a brand I deeply respect and admire slowly sliding its way down into the racks of loehmanns.

Happens to all brands.

That's the point of brands, build equity than leverage it against a inferior product or sell higher. Promotion costs $. Businesses are in it to make a profit at the end of the day.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We can only speak from personal experience, but the Rick stuff I have seen lately has been much higher quality than over the past few years.

It appeared to fall off after 2010 and hit some real low points. There were modest improvements here and there in f/w 13/14, then this season there have been many great pieces. I realize that manufacturing has moved around, but the only thing that matters to me is if the piece is right.

I bought a lot of Rick in the last say 8 months or so, whereas in the 2011-2013 timeframe it was easy to pass.

It isn't all brilliant these days, but it never was even in the golden years.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We can only speak from personal experience, but the Rick stuff I have seen lately has been much higher quality than over the past few years.

It appeared to fall off after 2010 and hit some real low points. There were modest improvements here and there in f/w 13/14, then this season there have been many great pieces. I realize that manufacturing has moved around, but the only thing that matters to me is if the piece is right.

I bought a lot of Rick in the last say 8 months or so, whereas in the 2011-2013 timeframe it was easy to pass.

It isn't all brilliant these days, but it never was even in the golden years.

you are referring to fw14 as this season right? not ss15

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you are referring to fw14 as this season right? not ss15

Yah by "current season" I meant f/w 14/15, thanks.

I haven't fussed with s/s 15 in person. Could be utter crap or genius level. I will defer to someone with in-hand experience (most of it probably hasn't shipped yet tho).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads