• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

fishtacologin

Reaction score
Do you guys condition your mainline ramones?

Also, if I'm generally a size 1 in Julius_7 bottoms (Glitch fw14 knit denim, Prism ss15 cargos), would I be a size 29 in RO memphis (ss15 or fw16)?

Last edited:

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know where i can find any of the following on sale?

-black lamb intarsia (blistered or normal) 54
-black nubuck sleeves gimp hoodie xl
-black flight bomber 52 (i hear bombers run tts)
-grey silk flight bomber 52
-black/white/dust double layer tshirt xl

thanks

Last edited:

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have the leather workers jacket and if so, how's the fit?

Had one briefly. Brushed calf, which I think was 2014. Mine was a 48, and it fit pretty true to what you'd expect from Rick in the body, but was smaller than I expected in the shoulders. The biggest problem for me wasn't the width of the shoulders, but the depth...I've got a decently athletic build and it was fitted but workable in the body but skintight through the delts and upper chest, and I couldn't button up the top button.

I've owned a DRKSHDW leather-sleeved Slave jacket and a denim worker, both in M. The leather sleeves on the Slave jacket fit about the same as the sleeves on the calf worker. And the denim worker just fit bigger everywhere...you'd expect it to be bigger (if Rick 48 = S), but it felt like a bit more than a size bigger to me.

For another comparison, I've got a recent blistered lamb Stooges in 48 that fits tight but well, and I found that the calf worker in a 48 fit a little bit tighter in the shoulders, upper chest, and upper arms, and a little bit looser in the body.

With all that, if I had to guess, I'd say it's probably pretty close, if not identical, to the same pattern as a denim worker, though it seems like it fits a bit smaller because the material's thicker (and so a lamb worker might fit more or less the same).

Design-wise, leather workers are my favorite Rick jackets by a good stretch, but the pattern just doesn't really work for me. A 48 is too tight in the shoulders / upper arms, and a 50 would probably be too big in the body. I'd love to get my hands on a lamb worker, though, because I think that might work.

I dunno if any of that made sense. I'd take some pics, but I don't have it anymore.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
makes sense chest and delts are always the issue for me

Denimsuede

Reaction score
Hi, first post in this thread. I'm looking to buy my first RO dark brown leather jacket. Between intarsia/mollino/bauhaus which one would you recommend in terms of design/fit/patina? Thanks

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, first post in this thread. I'm looking to buy my first RO dark brown leather jacket. Between intarsia/mollino/bauhaus which one would you recommend in terms of design/fit/patina? Thanks

If you're going to spend $2k on a leather jacket, shouldn't you at least have an idea of which design you like?

Pick the one that appeals to you and your style...

Denimsuede

Reaction score
Personally I prefer the intarsia or mollina but I'd like to hear some thoughts on the fit for the both of them. Don't have a store near me to try directly so If you guys can help that would be awesome

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally I prefer the intarsia or mollina but I'd like to hear some thoughts on the fit for the both of them. Don't have a store near me to try directly so If you guys can help that would be awesome

the fit varies season to season, depending on leather

would strongly recommend ordering all the sizes you want, trying them on, and returning the ones that you don't like.

don't spend $2k based on internet advice.

fishtacologin

Reaction score
What kind of fabric is MUR, and between MUR and cotton, which fabric would be best for memphis pod shorts?

Also if I'm an S in mainline bomber and intarsia, would I be an XS or and S in the (unstable) double layer tee?

Last edited:

tommygunn

Reaction score
I was looking for a Rick Spring Summer bomber jacket, I didn't have £900 to spend on a brand new one so I picked up a second hand piece.

I used to work in a multi brand store that sold Rick and I've always been a large in the bombers, so this one I got is obviously oversized as it fits on shoulders and almost to small on the chest but the arms are surprisingly big I always struggled with the forearms and upper arms.

Sides

Back is the weird part

Anybody recognise this piece? Not sure how I feel about it as of yet and I'm thinking about dying it black? Code on it is RU8770 and the fabric is a cotton wool and spandex blend.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member