• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw that that foodguy had recommended it to you, and so first on the list :)

Thanks for the feedback - have already been to Geoffrey's couple of times (ran into Jim Cameron once during brunch hours).

Will look at Moonshadows.

SLS in Beverly Hills has a good vibe - good spot for people-watching I guess.

I also saw your reference to BV which we went to last time - always a great spot opened on Thanksgiving.

No good Chinese-food (spicy/schezuan/soy-saucy/oily) spots around?
Depends what you mean by “around”. There’s a ton in the San Gabriel Valley. On the westside, for sichuan I quite like Meizhou Dongpo in the Century City Westfield, much as I hate the mall itself. There’s also a Din Tai Fung there if you want soup dumplings.

bullrams

Reaction score
Depends what you mean by “around”. There’s a ton in the San Gabriel Valley. On the westside, for sichuan I quite like Meizhou Dongpo in the Century City Westfield, much as I hate the mall itself. There’s also a Din Tai Fung there if you want soup dumplings.
Will check the cc one - yea, something around the Westside, Central LA, or Santa Monica.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will check the cc one - yea, something around the Westside, Central LA, or Santa Monica.
Joss in Beverly Hills is pretty good as well (that's based on a single visit, so fwiw). But for spicy sichuan I'd go Meizhou.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I saw that that foodguy had recommended it to you, and so first on the list :)

Thanks for the feedback - have already been to Geoffrey's couple of times (ran into Jim Cameron once during brunch hours).

Will look at Moonshadows.

SLS in Beverly Hills has a good vibe - good spot for people-watching I guess.

I also saw your reference to BV which we went to last time - always a great spot opened on Thanksgiving.

No good Chinese-food (spicy/schezuan/soy-saucy/oily) spots around?
moonshadows reconfigured their patio, used to be a great people watching/drinks spot but no idea about the food haven't eaten there in years, virtually on the water with great sunsets

sls and sofitel good for people watching

all the good chinese is in my hood in the 626 so no idea about the westside

plan check is garbage now, used to have the best fried chicken sandwich

i'd also check out eataly though its in a mall, very casual good experience usually

i'd mention sotto but they closed, forgot the name of their sister restaurant

gjelina in venice but be prepared to wait, think they take rezzies iirc but we usually eat at the to go next door

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John & Vinnies is delicious, book a table in advance. Gjusta in Venice is fun for brunch.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ya man it's going to be pretty bad, some years it's warm and some years it's cold.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40