• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I saw that that foodguy had recommended it to you, and so first on the list :)

Thanks for the feedback - have already been to Geoffrey's couple of times (ran into Jim Cameron once during brunch hours).

Will look at Moonshadows.

SLS in Beverly Hills has a good vibe - good spot for people-watching I guess.

I also saw your reference to BV which we went to last time - always a great spot opened on Thanksgiving.

No good Chinese-food (spicy/schezuan/soy-saucy/oily) spots around?
Depends what you mean by “around”. There’s a ton in the San Gabriel Valley. On the westside, for sichuan I quite like Meizhou Dongpo in the Century City Westfield, much as I hate the mall itself. There’s also a Din Tai Fung there if you want soup dumplings.

bullrams

Reaction score
Depends what you mean by “around”. There’s a ton in the San Gabriel Valley. On the westside, for sichuan I quite like Meizhou Dongpo in the Century City Westfield, much as I hate the mall itself. There’s also a Din Tai Fung there if you want soup dumplings.
Will check the cc one - yea, something around the Westside, Central LA, or Santa Monica.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Will check the cc one - yea, something around the Westside, Central LA, or Santa Monica.
Joss in Beverly Hills is pretty good as well (that's based on a single visit, so fwiw). But for spicy sichuan I'd go Meizhou.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I saw that that foodguy had recommended it to you, and so first on the list :)

Thanks for the feedback - have already been to Geoffrey's couple of times (ran into Jim Cameron once during brunch hours).

Will look at Moonshadows.

SLS in Beverly Hills has a good vibe - good spot for people-watching I guess.

I also saw your reference to BV which we went to last time - always a great spot opened on Thanksgiving.

No good Chinese-food (spicy/schezuan/soy-saucy/oily) spots around?

moonshadows reconfigured their patio, used to be a great people watching/drinks spot but no idea about the food haven't eaten there in years, virtually on the water with great sunsets

sls and sofitel good for people watching

all the good chinese is in my hood in the 626 so no idea about the westside

plan check is garbage now, used to have the best fried chicken sandwich

i'd also check out eataly though its in a mall, very casual good experience usually

i'd mention sotto but they closed, forgot the name of their sister restaurant

gjelina in venice but be prepared to wait, think they take rezzies iirc but we usually eat at the to go next door

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John & Vinnies is delicious, book a table in advance. Gjusta in Venice is fun for brunch.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ya man it's going to be pretty bad, some years it's warm and some years it's cold.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The Put This On Holiday Sale is today in Lincoln Heights. We've got a few vendors besides the PTO Shop - Monsivais is going to be there, some vintage and records. It's gonna be a good old time. I hope you'll stop by.

yunBW

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to go for vintage Levi denim? Thinking to head to Melrose trading post and rose bowl, but was wondering if there’s any store that’s available any other days as well.
thanks

michaellosauro

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I'm going to be in LA for a week soon. I'm planning on popping into Self Edge and Melrose Trading Post, but wanted to know what other spots (clothing, vintage, or otherwise) are worth visiting while I'm in town. Since the last post in this thread in '19, I'm sure a lot has changed.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I'm going to be in LA for a week soon. I'm planning on popping into Self Edge and Melrose Trading Post, but wanted to know what other spots (clothing, vintage, or otherwise) are worth visiting while I'm in town. Since the last post in this thread in '19, I'm sure a lot has changed.
Snake Oil Provisions
General Quarters
Mister Freedom
Freenote Cloth
American Rag

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mohawk is always good. 3Sixteen, General Quarters, Lady White Co, Freenote, Snake Oil Provisions

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads