1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I could be wrong. I know they replaced a fly button for me on another pair for only $8.

And the do it while you wait convenience is awesome. So glad to save the return trip.

2. PootyTang

PootyTang Active Member

Where should I go to pick up my next pair of jeans? I’m kinda out of the loop. I have ordered my last few pairs online.

I’m looking for something with a large selection. Salespeople who know what they’re talking about. I’m also looking for more modern cut type denim - less the workwear vibe.

I live in Echo Park but I work on Fairfax and I’m willing to go wherever. Thanks.

3. PootyTang

PootyTang Active Member

Wanted to bump this question. Any recommendations?

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

Maybe try Self Edge on La Brea?

5. djblisk

djblisk Distinguished Member

Depends on what type of jeans.

6. PootyTang

PootyTang Active Member

Selvage. Something less workwear inspired. More modern cut

7. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Barneys has a decent selection, or at least they used to. The salespeople have no idea what they are talking about though. I'm not sure if Scott still works there but that guy knew his jeans. You can get more modern cuts at Self Edge and they do know what they are talking about. RRL on melrose maybe? Some cuts are a bit slimmer and it's just a cool store to check out.

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Any recommendations for a hip, yet classy upscale restaurant in the West Beverly Hills area near Westheimer/UCLA? I'll be doing a business dinner with some advertising folks, so it doesn't need to be buttoned up, but in my experience, the area is too casual. The diners lean toward the healthy side, but are not overly strict.

(When I'm in LA I usually hit up the sushi joints, such as Mori, Shunji, and Zo, but I think that'd be too sushi-focused for this sort of group.)

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Westheimer? Personally I would go to Cut or Spago a little east of there.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

Jet’s suggestions are solid but I’d also throw in Hinoki and the Bird in Century City if you’re going for “hip”. People also seem to like Craft in Century, although every meal I’ve had there has been fine-but-not-great.

11. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

The PTO Holiday Market is Sunday on MacArthur Park. Would love to have some StyleForum folks stop by. Buy something and tell me you're from SF and I'll give you a free Put This On DVD. We'll have tons of vintage stuff of all kinds, a super deal on our pocket squares, a lot of Japanese magazines and beautiful fashion books, absolutely gobs of cufflinks and whatnots.