• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you all look after your clothes in the heat? From sweat, overwashing etc.
Forgot to mention dealing with tailoring after a hot day. I always hang up my jacket on hooks by our front door when I get home. Let it air out a bit and put away later. Prevents a musty closet.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As someone who played softball for years where the African American History Museum now stands, this pic is stunning to me.

GBu9i7pXwAAIRdO.jpeg

As originally built, the Lincoln Memorial was much more breath taking. Like the Acropolis must have looked in Ancient Greece. Surrounding the Memorial with cement, roads, the highways, and even the reflecting pool takes away from its stature.

This is now my favorite pic of the Memorial, surpassing the q-tip photos i've seen over the years.

workman-cleaning-ear-of-lincoln-bettmann.jpg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic question for this group. B&S on this forum.... how long is fair to give someone to respond to a PM if there are mutliple people interested before moving to the next person??

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic question for this group. B&S on this forum.... how long is fair to give someone to respond to a PM if there are mutliple people interested before moving to the next person??
Depends on how quickly you need to sell it.

Normally I give 24 hours or less if I’m not in a rush.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on how quickly you need to sell it.

Normally I give 24 hours or less if I’m not in a rush.

I wasn't in a particular rush, but had an item where three people reached out very quickly. #2 was all in if #1 passed. #1 had questions, then, after I answered them all, went silent for about 48 hours. I sold to #2 who was ready to pay instantly as soon as I said it was his. #1 wasn't happy I bypassed him, I thought he ghosted.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't feel bad at all. Sucks for #1, but tough noogies, honestly. No different than browsing at a physical store. He who payeth for the jawns, keepeth the jawns
A willingness to hold would be commendable, but no reasonable person should expect you to.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't in a particular rush, but had an item where three people reached out very quickly. #2 was all in if #1 passed. #1 had questions, then, after I answered them all, went silent for about 48 hours. I sold to #2 who was ready to pay instantly as soon as I said it was his. #1 wasn't happy I bypassed him, I thought he ghosted.
Yeah, you snooze you lose. If he wanted to have it on hold, he should’ve let you know and offer you some incentive for it. Completely different story if he was your only offer

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't feel bad at all. Sucks for #1, but tough noogies, honestly. No different than browsing at a physical store. He who payeth for the jawns, keepeth the jawns
A willingness to hold would be commendable, but no reasonable person should expect you to.
Yeah, you snooze you lose. If he wanted to have it on hold, he should’ve let you know and offer you some incentive for it. Completely different story if he was your only offer

Thanks gents. Was feeling a bit awkward, thanks for reassuring me. Now on to holiday stress….

professor

Reaction score
Is this meant to rub salt in the wound from the time I was your #2, but #1 came through? Not kind. Not kind at all. :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads