• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear, @smittycl. Hope you feel better soon!

Seeing no other posts on possible meetup locations, I propose that we meet tomorrow night at 6 PM on The Brixton's rooftop. Look for the guys who are way overdressed for a Friday happy hour before a holiday weekend.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basic question for everyone who's gotten COVID. I assume you don't leave the house, so what do you do for food? Grocery/ready-to-cook meal delivery?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basic question for everyone who's gotten COVID. I assume you don't leave the house, so what do you do for food? Grocery/ready-to-cook meal delivery?
I put in a grocery delivery order with Harris Teeter and will do another with Whole Foods (via Prime) this weekend probably. Not much of an appetite and have only had coffee so far today. Maybe some Grub Hub/Door dash as well.

Will make a big batch of chicken soup later (in stages as energy level is low) Wifey back in MN visiting her Dad until next week which is actually beneficial. I don't have to quarantine and hid in bedroom. Not sick enough to need pampering.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best wishes. I've heard the most recent cases are not fun even if you have 3 or more shots.
Thanks. Feels more like the flu. Omicron BA-4 and 5 are dominant now and the taste/smell thing is less likely to occur thankfully.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
…and it hit me last night after dinner. Was feeling a bit tired but had gotten in some long bike rides in the heat and some gym time. Popped a 100 fever, aches, mild sore throat, stuffy head. Tested NEG but still have fever as of 0200. No taste or smell issues at least.

Work protocols prohibit me from going in with symptoms regardless of test. Will test again soon. Hoping to fall back asleep…

Ugh. Doubtful I’ll make it to meet up. Zero energy and don’t want to possibly infect anyone. At least I don’t see any signs of Monkeypox…:bounce2:
And I’m positive as of this morning. Sigh.

Made it over two years at least!

Sh!t, sorry smitty, my family got it recently too.... I am pretty sure I caught it at work (full staffing, in the office, few mitigations at the time...)

Here's hoping for a quick recovery, and you can keep it to yourself (sparing your family)

I was unable to do the 2nd part when I got it, fever hit me on a Sunday evening, immediately tested positive, wife and son tested positive Wednesday AM.....

We followed CDC guidance and did not leave the house for the first 5 days (minimum).... groceries/food (and OTC meds) were obtained by a combination of friends, Instacart, Uber Eats, Grubhub, Door Dash etc..... Contactless delivery was the order of the day (leave it on the front porch, and we will come out after you leave....)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sh!t, sorry smitty, my family got it recently too.... I am pretty sure I caught it at work (full staffing, in the office, few mitigations at the time...)

Here's hoping for a quick recovery, and you can keep it to yourself (sparing your family)

I was unable to do the 2nd part when I got it, fever hit me on a Sunday evening, immediately tested positive, wife and son tested positive Wednesday AM.....

We followed CDC guidance and did not leave the house for the first 5 days (minimum).... groceries/food (and OTC meds) were obtained by a combination of friends, Instacart, Uber Eats, Grubhub, Door Dash etc..... Contactless delivery was the order of the day (leave it on the front porch, and we will come out after you leave....)
Just came back from Urgent Care and got a scrip for Paxlovid. Not sure I'm going to take it, though. It's still experimental and has some potentially bad side effects. Will wait and see how I feel tomorrow I think.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Urgent Care and got a scrip for Paxlovid. Not sure I'm going to take it, though. It's still experimental and has some potentially bad side effects. Will wait and see how I feel tomorrow I think.

I was prescribed the Pax.... took it. had some side effects. Happy to chat about my decision making, side effects etc.

All Navy

Reaction score
So sorry to hear, @smittycl. Hope you feel better soon!

Seeing no other posts on possible meetup locations, I propose that we meet tomorrow night at 6 PM on The Brixton's rooftop. Look for the guys who are way overdressed for a Friday happy hour before a holiday weekend.
Sounds good, will plan to be there! I might arrive a bit late though.

The data for nirmatrelvir-ritonavir seems pretty good overall, and I'd say the side effect profile is quite benign for an antiviral medication. It's good to have it on hand, whichever way you decide to go!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And I’m positive as of this morning. Sigh.

Made it over two years at least!

A ton of people I know who never got the OG variant wound up with Omicron or whatever variant we are on now. All have had very noticeable or particular symptoms that drove them to get tested. Also all have been fairly sick. I got the first variant and didn't feel much apart from muscle aches and chills the first day of symptoms - they went away after that day and I was afterwards stuck with nasal congestion and occasional sneezing. I really would not have gotten tested at Urgent Care a few days in if my mom didn't get so freaked out.

As to how did I handle food? Ummmm kept my mask on after my diagnosis, ubered home (sue me I ain't walking), dropped in for carry-out at a restaurant near me and picked up beers (Washington was playing the Bucs in the playoffs that night). Figured what the hell since I needed to uber from urgent care to my house. I had groceries delivered to my building lobby the next day.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attendance check for tonight's meetup at The Brixton? I'm planning on getting there around 6 PM.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
692760.jpg
See you at 6.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attendance check for tonight's meetup at The Brixton? I'm planning on getting there around 6 PM.
I’ll try to make it - the Brixton is quite a trek from where I live, especially in the hot sun

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads