• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
What would folks say is the best place to get an OTR fully-canvassed suit in the area for under $1,500? Buddy of mine needs a wedding suit but doesn't have enough time for MTM, wants to be able to try things on first (so no online stores like S&M or eHaberdasher) and I'm trying to steer him towards something better than suit supply.
why not suitsupply la spalla or jort? they're around $1000 - $1100 and full canvas.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What would folks say is the best place to get an OTR fully-canvassed suit in the area for under $1,500? Buddy of mine needs a wedding suit but doesn't have enough time for MTM, wants to be able to try things on first (so no online stores like S&M or eHaberdasher) and I'm trying to steer him towards something better than suit supply.
He should check out Sid Mashburn in Georgetown. I don't know Sid's prices, but there should be something at your friend's price point.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
He should check out Sid Mashburn in Georgetown. I don't know Sid's prices, but there should be something at your friend's price point.
That's a great idea. From the website it looks like their suits mostly run from around $1,300 - $1,600 which I think is right in his range. Plus I get the impression that their fits are a little more forgiving compared to suit supply.

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Brooks brothers maybe when they sales?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t suitsupply offer a fully canvassed line?

There’s a lot more to a suit than just canvassing. Paul Stuart maybe. Zegna outlet in Clarksburg is a possibility.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom carries Canali and Hickey Freeman, both fully canvassed. Sid Mashburn’s stuff is Andrea Campagna and quite nice.

Paul Stuart will have some reasonably priced suits with their sale going on.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.