• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbb355

Reaction score

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Very cool. I actually own this Alden model (https://aldenmadison.com/collection/cap-toe-blucher-2160/), which looks very similar to the cap-toe blucher featured here. I wonder how the two are different.

Really nice.

They may have used a different last, they may be exactly the same. Aberdeen isn’t the best fitting last for me personally, but if they’ve used Barrie, for example, I might give them a go.

mbb355

Reaction score
Really nice.

They may have used a different last, they may be exactly the same. Aberdeen isn’t the best fitting last for me personally, but if they’ve used Barrie, for example, I might give them a go.
You're right, it's very possible they used a slightly rounder last. I had difficulty with the Aberdeen when I tried the 684, which I desperately wanted but alas just would not fit my feet. The blucher takes care of that for me though--conforms to the foot much better than a low-vamp loafer. As for the 2160, some people dislike that it combines the formal cap-toe with the informal blucher-lacing, but I like that it's sort of an oddball that way.

Last edited:

Dadacantona

Reaction score
You're right, it's very possible they used a slightly rounder last. I had difficulty with the Aberdeen with I tried the 684, which I desperately wanted but alas just would not fit my feet. The blucher takes care of that for me though--conforms to the foot much better than a low-vamp loafer. As for the 2160, some people dislike that it combines the formal cap-toe with the informal blucher-lacing, but I like that it's sort of an oddball that way.
Agreed, I think they look great. I have loafers in the Aberdeen which aren’t too bad but I couldn’t get the NST to work for me, which is annoying as I love them.

mbb355

Reaction score
Apparently Drakes launching new "Perennials" collection featuring core items that'll always be available. Unclear if it includes anything new.

mbb355

Reaction score
On the face of it, sounds like marketing buzz. We shall see
Agree. Plus seems like spring/summer stuff typically drops in Feb, so it'd be strange to release a separate tranche of new items now (though they do seem to have released a ridiculously expensive sweater)

Racing Green

Reaction score

nycs10011

Reaction score
Seems appealing to have some of the classics always available. It's one of the things I've always liked about some of the classic menswear shops like O'Connell's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads