• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winding Ways

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up the new ecru denim? Not sure what size to get. On their last iteration I got a size 31, but it seems they have changed their measurements a size 29 is a now 32 waist?

I recently picked up both the ecru and the 14.6oz. Can't really comment on the sizing as I've lost some weight and most of my other trousers are altered. Just came here to say they are both amazing garments. Really hard to find above-waist jeans like this, and the fit and fabric choices are inspired. Been a long time since I've been excited about jeans.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I recently picked up both the ecru and the 14.6oz. Can't really comment on the sizing as I've lost some weight and most of my other trousers are altered. Just came here to say they are both amazing garments. Really hard to find above-waist jeans like this, and the fit and fabric choices are inspired. Been a long time since I've been excited about jeans.

did you find the measurements on the website for the jeans to be accurate? And how does the 14.6oz feel, heavy?

Winding Ways

Reaction score
did you find the measurements on the website for the jeans to be accurate? And how does the 14.6oz feel, heavy?

I didn't pay the measurements too much attention, but the ones I checked did seem to be correct. Do bear in mind that these don't fit like the vast majority of jeans. Most jeans rest around your hips and need the waist to be fairly tight to stay up (IMO). However these (I find) fit generously around the waist, but it works because they rest over the hip bone and are shaped to rest on your butt and hips, so they don't just rely on the waist to stay up, if that makes sense.

The 14.6oz is my first-ever pair of "sturdy" jeans. I haven't worn jeans for a while, and back when I did, I'd go for the somewhat skinny, slightly stretchy kind. This is a different beast, definitely heavier than I'm used to but no heavier than a lot of flannel trousers etc. Less natural stretch than the ecru version, but they feel great to wear right away because of the fit described above. The fabric does look and feel fairly stiff at first, but I think they'll soften up considerably. Whereas the ecru ones look soft and slouchy right away.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I didn't pay the measurements too much attention, but the ones I checked did seem to be correct. Do bear in mind that these don't fit like the vast majority of jeans. Most jeans rest around your hips and need the waist to be fairly tight to stay up (IMO). However these (I find) fit generously around the waist, but it works because they rest over the hip bone and are shaped to rest on your butt and hips, so they don't just rely on the waist to stay up, if that makes sense.

The 14.6oz is my first-ever pair of "sturdy" jeans. I haven't worn jeans for a while, and back when I did, I'd go for the somewhat skinny, slightly stretchy kind. This is a different beast, definitely heavier than I'm used to but no heavier than a lot of flannel trousers etc. Less natural stretch than the ecru version, but they feel great to wear right away because of the fit described above. The fabric does look and feel fairly stiff at first, but I think they'll soften up considerably. Whereas the ecru ones look soft and slouchy right away.

thanks for the insight I appreciate it. I love drakes jeans, going to get order the ecru pair as soon as my size restocks

HansHelmut

Reaction score
Anyone with experience on the tencel&cotton chore jackets?
Really digging that one especially the green but damn that price. I mean you can get a similar jacket from a lot of other brands for half that price and even cheaper. There are even a lot of brands like "A day's march" that are producing in Portugal too so why is the one from Drake's so expensive compared to them? Is it only because they use a special (expensive) fabric here?

That's why I would still prefer to buy it from Drake's. The fabric and fade on it looks really nice. And didn't see the mix of tencel&cotton before. But i'm not sure if that justifies the price. Maybe someone can share his experience.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 14.39.47.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-23 um 14.39.47.png
    802.1 KB · Views: 305

vida

Reaction score
Really digging that one especially the green but damn that price. I mean you can get a similar jacket from a lot of other brands for half that price and even cheaper. There are even a lot of brands like "A day's march" that are producing in Portugal too so why is the one from Drake's so expensive compared to them? Is it only because they use a special (expensive) fabric here?

That's why I would still prefer to buy it from Drake's. The fabric and fade on it looks really nice. And didn't see the mix of tencel&cotton before. But i'm not sure if that justifies the price. Maybe someone can share his experience.
I can only tell you about tencel/ cotton as a fabric as I have a pair of RLPL trousers made this material. I don’t care for it as I find it stretches too much. Soft, yes, but I would rather have sturdy cotton. Just my opinion.

polyfusion

Reaction score

I feel the same about the games blazer. They’re a cool and useful piece but the price is absolutely crazy to me... it’s a ready to wear, unlined, lightweight and bordering on totally unfitted Cottton jacket. It’s basically a shapeless blue sack. Nice a sack as it is. I own a similar one from weekday that cost £20. The drakes one is £600. / $900. I just don’t know how they arrive at that price when you can get low end bespoke for a fraction more.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never heard of A Day's March before. I had a quick look at their site and can tell you that if I were in the market for a chore jacket, I'd snap up the green linen number for SEK1495/€142 and call it a day. The Epaulet 'Doyle' jacket is really nice too, and I think those run about $200 or so.

hschrapel

Reaction score
I've never heard of A Day's March before. I had a quick look at their site and can tell you that if I were in the market for a chore jacket, I'd snap up the green linen number for SEK1495/€142 and call it a day. The Epaulet 'Doyle' jacket is really nice too, and I think those run about $200 or so.
To add to this, I've got two of the "heavy weight linen" over shirts and they're fantastic

kalufsen

Reaction score
I got the heavy linen this season on 30% sale to replace the Sport Jacket on more leisure days. Didnt know what to expect but in these WFH times, it gets a lot more use than expected and the style with jeans is great.

I live in Stockholm and i have tried A Days March several times but never pulled the trigger, i knew it would be an ”almost” what i want item and when i found my Drakes on sale, there was no discussion.

HansHelmut

Reaction score
I also own their heavy linen jacket in beige and I'm super happy with it. Overall they have a lot of great stuff I would buy and their prices seems justified.

Anyway I still would love to hear someone who owns the Drakes tencel&cotton jacket. I always come back to this shot - navy version looks also quite nice.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-01 um 10.09.38.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads