• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dope. Ok well since they are all filtering in I guess I'll wait and hope that need supply get them.

I just ordered them from Tres Bien, $484 and we know shipping and customer service is tops

I've been waiting for them to make a combat with tread for so looooooong

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah me too. Definitely let us know how they are. I will probably order them soon but I'd like to hear back from Need supply first.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, so sizing for the derby shines seems to be all over the place

fortunately, my local nordstroms had them on display last time i checked, though i don't know whether they'd have the 40 or 41 i'd need to try on

my achilles low in 40 fits snug (don't know my brannock size, but i'm pretty sure i'm a tts us 8), so based off of that, which size would you guys recommend if i could only go with one?

also, i've never really owned a formal-ish pair of shoes before (just sneakers and boots), but would the derby shine be a shoe that i'd need to take care of (e.g. polishing and/or whatever else)? would they just look awful if i neglected any kind of maintenance and just beat them in in your guys' opinions?

Last edited:

Enigma1

Reaction score

lol, so sizing for the derby shines seems to be all over the place

fortunately, my local nordstroms had them on display last time i checked, though i don't know whether they'd have the 40 or 41 i'd need to try on

my achilles low in 40 fits snug (don't know my brannock size, but i'm pretty sure i'm a tts us 8), so based off of that, which size would you guys recommend if i could only go with one?

also, i've never really owned a formal-ish pair of shoes before (just sneakers and boots), but would the derby shine be a shoe that i'd need to take care of (e.g. polishing and/or whatever else)? would they just look awful if i neglected any kind of maintenance and just beat them in in your guys' opinions?
Go with a 41. I was in the same situation with my Achilles and the 41 was perfect. Keep in mind feet do swell from blood flow and get larger when walking. Even more so with leather shoes such as CP's that lack ventilation. Leather inside/outside, plus socks. I got 41's and they feel great. Nordstrom will allow you to return even if it's worn so that's most likely your best bet to make sure it wears as you'd like. Once you know your size, either return it and find it cheaper elsewhere, or use your confirms sizing in future purchases. Hope this helps, it made me love the shoes. The derby is patent leather which is highly reflective and will need more caution than CP's. Call Jason markk in Los Angeles, they have cleaned every shoe you can imagine.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RFT: Love my CP tournament lows (still going strong 3 or 4 years and counting) and achilles, but CP chelseas might be one of my least favorite purchases of the last couple years. I'll probably never buy another pair of crepe soled boots again. Time for another pair of SLP boots.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFT: Love my CP tournament lows (still going strong 3 or 4 years and counting) and achilles, but CP chelseas might be one of my least favorite purchases of the last couple years. I'll probably never buy another pair of crepe soled boots again. Time for another pair of SLP boots.

What didn't you like about them? How quickly the sole wore?

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ursman

Reaction score
Looks like END has FW16 up. Not sure you can purchase. I'm on mobile and it wouldn't let me buy a couple sizes in a couple colors.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads