1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Guys how do the premium leather version of the Achilles fit - same as the originals or should I go up one size? Thanks.

2. jet

jet Senior member

Always find it hilarious how people describe the gold lettering ostentatious when I don't think I've ever noticed them on mine or my buddy's cps.

3. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

I agree; I never notice my friends' lettering. That being said, they are easy as hell to rub off if you really wanted no lettering.

Mr. Porter also has an exclusive version of the CP's with a fine textured leather and a tan lining which looks nice. But at the price point it is hovering around now, I might as well shell out for SLPs or something.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

anyone know the heel height for the chelseas? is it < 1"?

5. olo3000

olo3000 Member

Can you share your fit experience? What size did you get and what size do you wear in other brands (Nike, Clarks, etc.)? Thanks!

6. London

London Senior member

7. phivoj

phivoj Member

[​IMG]

To other owners of the (white) Achilles. I bought these this summer and wore them regularely. I love them, but also have two problems: The squeaking just doesn't stop and the color starts to rub of (left shoe more than right). Is this normal? I never saw it this bad before. Also the squeaking. When I went into a shop to compare, the displayed and pretty much new shoes felt softer and didn't squeak.

Does anybody have or had similar experiences with that?

8. DP0610

DP0610 New Member

Bought a camel overcoat to pair with the Sand Chelseas.. not sure how I feel about the 2 shades together. Maybe should've gone with a lighter shade of camel?

[​IMG]

9. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

Easily enough contrast there, could look good. Any lighter could have looked a bit matchy

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. cmninja

cmninja Senior member

Don't have the discoloring issue, granted mine are a few weeks old. The squeaking has not stopped and doesn't seem like it plans to. I still wear them anyway, only slightly awkward around the office.

11. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Smh guys if they're white just add some baby powder or whatever. It's moisture that creates the squeaking so the powder works and you don't use much. Don't know how you can live whit squeaky shoes

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  12. smz180

smz180 Member

13. tehfangs

tehfangs Member

Hmm my colour didn't rub this badly and I wear my while achilles low quite a lot.

Mine stopped squeaking after about a month of wear, but if they do squeak and everyone looks, just tell them that's the sound of luxury :p

14. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

My white Achilles High (I've had since 09) has all kinds of messed up coloration issues (especially where the laces sit). This is normal. The squeaking won't stop but it shouldn't bother you. My Achilles low I've had for 2 years still squeaks.

15. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

I just grabbed a pair of SS16 ball low in white from end clothing at 50% off [​IMG]

The only size available was a UK11. I have 46 in Achilles and have a narrow foot. I've always heard that I should size down 1 with narrow feet to 45 in Bball Low......does a UK11 translate to an EU 45 in this case?

If I have to return them I will get screwed on the shipping costs, but I didn't want to risk someone else grabbing them at that price so I pulled the trigger.

Can anyone comment on the UK sizing and/or ENDs size chart? Thanks!

16. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

UK 11 is a size 45. You did good on the size IMO.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  17. kingofthefall

kingofthefall Active Member

18. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

Picked up the black leather Chelseas from the Steven Alan sale for just under $300 because I wanted an alternative to my SLPs that I would feel better about wearing more often and in poor conditions. I've found very few photos of and info about these online. (All the focus is on the suede Chelseas.) Can anyone share some after you've worn them in or any experiences you've had with them? I need to decide whether to keep them or not.

19. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Guys, was thinking of picking up a pair of retro bball high.
    Is the sizing usually one less than Achilles sizing? I'm usually a 43 in Achilles retro (which is bigger than Achilles?)

Also, any fit photos? Couldn't see any in this thread.

Any other comments also appreciated. Was thinking of buying the saint Laurent sl-10 but if these do the job at a better rice, that'd be great.

Thanks a lot!

20. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Yeah size one down on bballs. Where are you finding them? Been looking for them everywhere