• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djan

Reaction score
I'm a solid 41 in Achilles. Older BBalls I'm 40 and newer BBalls a 41.

I bought a pair of Tennis Pro in a 41. Great looking shoe that I really wanted to keep but they were just too small for me.

I took out the inner sole and it's super deep like an Air Max sole. I tried replacing with a normal depth BBall inner sole and the shoe felt like an okay fit but like I was defeating the purpose of the shoe. This Tennis Pro *feels* like a padded sports shoe and the slimmer sole felt like my foot was sitting too low in the shoe.

I wore them around my very clean apartment a couple of times for ten minutes but had to decide they were too small. I wanted to try a pair of 42s but I couldn't get the same deal.

Maybe the shoe just didn't suit my foot or what I was expecting from a pair of CPs.

But I'm going to be amazed if a pair of 40s fits you.
Are you sure about the newer bball models? I tried 2194 (nubuck bball low from ss19) and they were smaller than achilles. Was about to order 2193 (bball low in white from ss19) but if they run like 2194 I'd need to size up from my achilles size. Those new bballs felt so tight and narrow without sizing down.

jamaican

Reaction score
does anyone know when the AW 2019 Achilles bball or full court premium high shoes are due to drop? Anyone have photos?

Bingale

Reaction score
Hi guys. Can anyone tell me if the Achilles Low Summer Edition 2066 is the same sizing as the Achilles Low 1528? Or should I go up or down a size?
Thankyou

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Anyone know if the grey suede achilles 2190 7543 is still available anywhere in a size 41?!

05-03-2019_commonprojects_originalachilleslowsuede_grey_2190-7543_mb_2.jpg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

knownprovenance

Reaction score
Hey fellow SF CP geeks, hoping someone can help.

Anyone had any experience in replacing the soles on their Achilles? Most of the cobblers I've been to with them won't touch 'em.
I'm based in Berlin / Stockholm…

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think someone is this thread looked into it earlier, but I can't see it being worth it, especially with the wear the rest of the shoe has likely experienced.

Not sure you'd get the same longevity as replacing the sole on a pair of dress shoes.

Roscius

Reaction score
There is only one 1842 style and it has the pebble grain toe box and side panel.

Here is a close up of the shoe.

This is the shoe they are selling on Mr Porter.
Just bought a pair of these after alot of contemplation and fuffing around. Very excited. Previously had a pair of bball low vintage which was amazing aesthetically but followed older advice on sizing down, and despite trying to wear them in, it never worked out.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow SF CP geeks, hoping someone can help.

Anyone had any experience in replacing the soles on their Achilles? Most of the cobblers I've been to with them won't touch 'em.
I'm based in Berlin / Stockholm…

I think it's an accepted fact that CP soles are not replaceable, unless you know someone who owns an Italian factory. The only sneaker I'm aware of that offers this is Visvim, which, frankly, is kind of a gimmick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics