• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crossbones

Reaction score
How do you figure? If they are, someone went to a ton of effort to fake them. I mean the stitching is identical, the box, the laces, the heel feels like my old pit did when I got them, the sole, etc, etc. the leather is very good quality.

Please back up your statement with evidence.
They are real, not sure where he is getting that from. From what I can tell, since CPs have exploded in popularity they may have added on additional factories. I have 6 pairs of achilles, and I notice some slight variance between all pairs. Some fit perfect, some are rather tight, some have a slightly more pointy toe box etc.

grayfox

Reaction score
How do you figure? If they are, someone went to a ton of effort to fake them. I mean the stitching is identical, the box, the laces, the heel feels like my old pit did when I got them, the sole, etc, etc. the leather is very good quality.

Please back up your statement with evidence.
Just like how you said. The toe box is completely off. They haven't changed it.

bbconair

Reaction score
Has CP changed the shape/design of the Achilles low slightly in the last 5 years or so? I have a pair that is >5 years old which appears to have a more pointed toe (which I prefer). The brand new pair i got looks and feels like it has a wider toe box and more rounded toe. The older pair looks a bit longer as well (photo looks more extreme than in person as I didn't line them up that well)l. Same style number, same size, and they both are authentic. Take a look (the laces on the older pair are not CP, they are elastic):

View attachment 1170519
View attachment 1170522 View attachment 1170520 ]
View attachment 1170523 View attachment 1170521

View attachment 1170524 View attachment 1170525
fake given the toe box, unless people are saying the toe box has now changed. that toe box looks like all of the other brands that people avoid because they want cps. if you like that toe box then gustin, epaulet, etc., all offer fine choices for cheaper pricing

grayfox

Reaction score
What is the consensus on CP sizing versus SLP Wyatts?
size down 1 from sneaker size for achilles/bballs/tournaments. tts for everything else in my experience

my sneaker size is 11 wyatts i'm 10.5 fwiw

hope this helps

Jaaahhhnnn

Reaction score
Hey guys so I got a pair of common project track runners for dirt cheap at my local Nordstrom Rack and it came a little dirty, can anyone here tell me how to clean the material without damaging it? also if anyone is interested in them, they are up for sale, but with not box and extra laces. Im currently swimming in them and have to double sock it just to make them fit.

CbLdpO7qSCeufS7mo4ohNg.jpg

X7Qj8N4cSiCgGAACsevMdg.jpg

cbusguy

Reaction score
too many fakes out there to know for sure from pictures. if you want an authentic pair, don't buy on secondary

Hey guys so I got a pair of common project track runners for dirt cheap at my local Nordstrom Rack and it came a little dirty, can anyone here tell me how to clean the material without damaging it? also if anyone is interested in them, they are up for sale, but with not box and extra laces. Im currently swimming in them and have to double sock it just to make them fit.

View attachment 1172852

View attachment 1172853
suede shampoo/cleaner, but i wouldn't worry about it

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.