• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crossbones

Reaction score
How do you figure? If they are, someone went to a ton of effort to fake them. I mean the stitching is identical, the box, the laces, the heel feels like my old pit did when I got them, the sole, etc, etc. the leather is very good quality.

Please back up your statement with evidence.

They are real, not sure where he is getting that from. From what I can tell, since CPs have exploded in popularity they may have added on additional factories. I have 6 pairs of achilles, and I notice some slight variance between all pairs. Some fit perfect, some are rather tight, some have a slightly more pointy toe box etc.

grayfox

Reaction score
How do you figure? If they are, someone went to a ton of effort to fake them. I mean the stitching is identical, the box, the laces, the heel feels like my old pit did when I got them, the sole, etc, etc. the leather is very good quality.

Please back up your statement with evidence.
Just like how you said. The toe box is completely off. They haven't changed it.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has CP changed the shape/design of the Achilles low slightly in the last 5 years or so? I have a pair that is >5 years old which appears to have a more pointed toe (which I prefer). The brand new pair i got looks and feels like it has a wider toe box and more rounded toe. The older pair looks a bit longer as well (photo looks more extreme than in person as I didn't line them up that well)l. Same style number, same size, and they both are authentic. Take a look (the laces on the older pair are not CP, they are elastic):

View attachment 1170519
View attachment 1170522 View attachment 1170520 ]
View attachment 1170523 View attachment 1170521

View attachment 1170524 View attachment 1170525

fake given the toe box, unless people are saying the toe box has now changed. that toe box looks like all of the other brands that people avoid because they want cps. if you like that toe box then gustin, epaulet, etc., all offer fine choices for cheaper pricing

grayfox

Reaction score
What is the consensus on CP sizing versus SLP Wyatts?
size down 1 from sneaker size for achilles/bballs/tournaments. tts for everything else in my experience

my sneaker size is 11 wyatts i'm 10.5 fwiw

hope this helps

Bingale

Reaction score
Can I please have a legit check in these? Thankyou.

Screenshot_20190509-073114_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-073107_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-073100_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-073052_Facebook.jpg

Jaaahhhnnn

Reaction score
Hey guys so I got a pair of common project track runners for dirt cheap at my local Nordstrom Rack and it came a little dirty, can anyone here tell me how to clean the material without damaging it? also if anyone is interested in them, they are up for sale, but with not box and extra laces. Im currently swimming in them and have to double sock it just to make them fit.

CbLdpO7qSCeufS7mo4ohNg.jpg

X7Qj8N4cSiCgGAACsevMdg.jpg

cbusguy

Reaction score

too many fakes out there to know for sure from pictures. if you want an authentic pair, don't buy on secondary

Hey guys so I got a pair of common project track runners for dirt cheap at my local Nordstrom Rack and it came a little dirty, can anyone here tell me how to clean the material without damaging it? also if anyone is interested in them, they are up for sale, but with not box and extra laces. Im currently swimming in them and have to double sock it just to make them fit.

View attachment 1172852

View attachment 1172853

suede shampoo/cleaner, but i wouldn't worry about it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads