• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ebayhtl

Reaction score
anybody here by chance own a cp backpack?

have always kinda wanted one
Bought a couple previously... and returned both times, even at a decent discount.
Reasonable materials and construction, but the design is rather boring, limited compartments inside and I wasn't a fan of the straps (they were a bit thin for my liking).
In short - they're OK, nothing special.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which achilles low do I get? White or Black with white sole?

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not seen those chukkas at retail in at least a few years.

They will probably make a return at some point, but who knows when.

El Guapo

Reaction score
Has CP changed the shape/design of the Achilles low slightly in the last 5 years or so? I have a pair that is >5 years old which appears to have a more pointed toe (which I prefer). The brand new pair i got looks and feels like it has a wider toe box and more rounded toe. The older pair looks a bit longer as well (photo looks more extreme than in person as I didn't line them up that well)l. Same style number, same size, and they both are authentic. Take a look (the laces on the older pair are not CP, they are elastic):

IMG_1290.jpeg
IMG_1291.jpeg IMG_1294.jpeg ]
IMG_1293.jpeg IMG_1295.jpeg

IMG_1292.jpeg IMG_1296.jpeg

Kwaker

Reaction score
I prefer the pointier version too, but i’m not able to answer your question.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has CP changed the shape/design of the Achilles low slightly in the last 5 years or so? I have a pair that is >5 years old which appears to have a more pointed toe (which I prefer). The brand new pair i got looks and feels like it has a wider toe box and more rounded toe. The older pair looks a bit longer as well (photo looks more extreme than in person as I didn't line them up that well)l. Same style number, same size, and they both are authentic. Take a look (the laces on the older pair are not CP, they are elastic):

View attachment 1170519
View attachment 1170522 View attachment 1170520 ]
View attachment 1170523 View attachment 1170521

View attachment 1170524 View attachment 1170525
I hope this isn’t true

mockingboy

Reaction score
The round ones are definitely fake

View attachment 1170519
View attachment 1170522 View attachment 1170520 ]
View attachment 1170523 View attachment 1170521

View attachment 1170524 View attachment 1170525

El Guapo

Reaction score
The round ones are definitely fake
How do you figure? If they are, someone went to a ton of effort to fake them. I mean the stitching is identical, the box, the laces, the heel feels like my old pit did when I got them, the sole, etc, etc. the leather is very good quality.

Please back up your statement with evidence.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.