• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
hey guys i’m wanting to grab the white b-ball lows with the tumbled side panel and towbox. It seems Mr Porter has them, can anyone confirm or point me in the direction of other sites with them? Thx!

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/common_projects/bball-leather-sneakers/661435

Those are the 2015 model and it's been a while since I saw anyone other than Mr Porter with them still in stock.

What size are you looking for? You'll need two sizes below your normal size or one less than Achilles.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are the 2015 model and it's been a while since I saw anyone other than Mr Porter with them still in stock.

What size are you looking for? You'll need two sizes below your normal size or one less than Achilles.
darn, unfortunately i’m a 39 in achilles so i may be out of luck

doomy

Reaction score
Hey guys.

My first pair of CP achilles lows just arrived and I'm not really sure about the sizing. I downsized a bit as everyone seems to advise and went from UK7 in sneakers (and 6.5 in some GYW shoes, e.g. Loake and Alfred Sargent) to UK6.

I have very narrow feet towards the heel and am afraid of some heel slippage potentially occurring. These pictures show how the CPs fit me when I've tied the laces as much as I can. The second picture shows the creasing/slippage when I walk (my right foot is slightly narrower).

Honestly, I'm afraid that when I break them in, they will become too loose to be comfortable. I was prepared for a tighter fit..

Can anyone with experience offer some advice?

Also, is it normal to have some space left at the front of the shoe after your toes due to the narrow last?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could be wrong but pretty sure those are Retro achilles, I don’t think standard achilles have been made with that sole. Somebody who knows about the codes will be able to confirm but if they are retros then that would explain it.
Retro achilles fit bigger than standard achilles. not really a full size bigger just roomier and not as narrow

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
I could be wrong but pretty sure those are Retro achilles, I don’t think standard achilles have been made with that sole. Somebody who knows about the codes will be able to confirm but if they are retros then that would explain it.
Retro achilles fit bigger than standard achilles. not really a full size bigger just roomier and not as narrow

No those are definitely not Retros. That's the standard, Achilles Low with White Upper and Nude Midsole. I don't think many outlets will have them in stock but you can see them here:

https://www.farfetch.com/fr/shopping/men/common-projects-casual-lace-up-sneakers-item-12667481.aspx

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
Hey guys.

My first pair of CP achilles lows just arrived and I'm not really sure about the sizing. I downsized a bit as everyone seems to advise and went from UK7 in sneakers (and 6.5 in some GYW shoes, e.g. Loake and Alfred Sargent) to UK6.

I have very narrow feet towards the heel and am afraid of some heel slippage potentially occurring. These pictures show how the CPs fit me when I've tied the laces as much as I can. The second picture shows the creasing/slippage when I walk (my right foot is slightly narrower).

Honestly, I'm afraid that when I break them in, they will become too loose to be comfortable. I was prepared for a tighter fit..

Can anyone with experience offer some advice?

Also, is it normal to have some space left at the front of the shoe after your toes due to the narrow last?

Probably not what you want to hear but I'd say those shoes are too big for you. The tell for me is the undulations by the front three lace holes. Combined with the feeling of too much space in the toe box I'd say you should at least try a pair of 39s and my strong suspicion is they will fit much better.

If you don't have any stockists near you then order the 39 with the option to return and you'll at least be able to compare.

This isn't an exact science and a lot of people here have found themselves in possession of a pair of CPs that little by little the realised didn't fit.

Good luck.

doomy

Reaction score
No those are definitely not Retros. That's the standard, Achilles Low with White Upper and Nude Midsole. I don't think many outlets will have them in stock but you can see them here:

https://www.farfetch.com/fr/shopping/men/common-projects-casual-lace-up-sneakers-item-12667481.aspx

Yeah, those are the White & Nude ones. I got them from END:

https://www.endclothing.com/gb/common-projects-achilles-low-coloured-sole-2122-0600.html

I think I'll try a 39 in store and see how it fits before I finally decide whether to return these, although I'm probably between sizes.

I quite like the sole colour and also got them for £150 so I wish they fit better... I might keep them if the 39s are too small.

Thanks!

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
Yeah, those are the White & Nude ones. I got them from END:

https://www.endclothing.com/gb/common-projects-achilles-low-coloured-sole-2122-0600.html

I think I'll try a 39 in store and see how it fits before I finally decide whether to return these, although I'm probably between sizes.

I quite like the sole colour and also got them for £150 so I wish they fit better... I might keep them if the 39s are too small.

Thanks!

Agreed. Very likely between sizes or just don't have a foot that suits the Achilles Low. But if trying on the 39 does confirm that then you've got a pair of shoes you like for a steal and in a year's time with some wear in them they'll probably be super comfy and look great.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Anybody with experience receiving damaged/worn CP's? I grabbed a pair of B-ball lows from Ssense and they arrived in not so pristine shape. There were creases, the sole was a bit dusted and one toe has a gauge/rip. I am assuming rip only get worse over time... I emailed CS and they offered $75 off which seems like a drop in the bucket tbh since these ran me $550 CAD. Are these worth keeping or should I just send back for refund? They cant promise exchanging this pair with one not worn - so thats out unfortunately.

Pics dont do the best justice - but you notice the rip immediately in person.
Thanks

53pysg.jpg

23jldec.jpg

VincentC

Reaction score
Okay now, starting to wonder if my size 42 lows are too big for me, or if I just have a weird foot. They fit snug when new, but now after a few wears they lace too closely IMO with thinner socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads