• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damon, Flora 3 and B of T are awesome. Flora 3 was my favorite of the lot.

I've had them all before, I have doubles of everything listed with more on the way, I don't count the growlers because those go fast...

Typical Thursday Night Beer Nerd Meeting...

IMG_1786.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aefc0145-7db0-af48.jpg

Raspberry lambic from birth del borgo. Pretty good. Would not mind quite a few of these. Something is off tho. I think carbonation is too low. Possible stores improperly

aefc0145-7dc5-d2a0.jpg

Really good. Fragrant and hoppy

aefc0145-7de1-495c.jpg

Like a dipa flower power. Fragrant.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone try this year's Juliet yet?

Yep and it's very good, I was hanging out with John Laffler a while back at an event and he said it was the most acidic Juliet that's ever been produced and I assure it is and it's delicious...

Dapp

Reaction score
Any input on good beers to try while I'm in Scotland (and on my parents tab before heading back to school...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
) - microbreweries or otherwise? Haven't been hugely into beers before so pretty much anything will be new, but looking forward to broadening that.

Quatsch

Reaction score

I haven't had a lambic in probably 2 years, and now I think they're my favorite style of beer. Powerfully sour but not unpalatable, funky, complex, and really good. I wish lambics were easier to come by, more popular, and less expensive, but unfortunately the long brewing time pretty much makes that impossible. I love sour beers!

div25sec9

Reaction score

I haven't had a lambic in probably 2 years, and now I think they're my favorite style of beer. Powerfully sour but not unpalatable, funky, complex, and really good. I wish lambics were easier to come by, more popular, and less expensive, but unfortunately the long brewing time pretty much makes that impossible. I love sour beers!

I was fortunate to take a tour of Cantilon brewery in Brussels; it was quite the experience. I quite enjoyed their Lambics. I also wish they were more common to help the price out. Here in overpriced Canada; I came across a bottle for $25; so I had to pass and just enjoy the memories.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last gueuze I tried, L'enfant Terrible, was a big disappointment. Overwhelmingly smoky, which is not my kind of thing.

Quatsch

Reaction score
Tonight I'm drinking a Kriek from the same producer. Its great. No sweetness, just a fruit quality that reminds me of some wines, especially when combined with the "funk" smell of the microbiological activity you get in spontaneous ferment and a touch of brettanomyces. Very dark too. Excellent, excellent beer. I could drink this all summer.

Last edited:

nomad

Reaction score
Anybody in Ontario should try the hefeweizen from Denison's, it really is excellent. On the west coast for the summer and have been drinking a lot of Red Racer. Tasted my first ever home brew, an ipa, came out very decently.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally managed to get my hands of a sixer of Sculpin IPA. Good stuff, but I don't really like it a lot better than Modus Hoperandi, which is 6 bucks cheaper for a six pack, so I think that will remain my go-to for now.

alexg

Reaction score
I just had Sly Fox Route 113. It's a pretty good English style IPA, hoppy, but not overpoweringly so with a good backing of malt. Plus it comes in cans. Sixpoint Sweet Action on the other hand was virtually undrinkable. It literally tasted like fish.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried genesee while packing. **** tastes like a marginally better bud. Has that American adjunct flavor pat down. Biscuit and what not

Having a brooklyn lager in a can! while I wait for the lirr. So much more delicious. It even has hops! Aromas are awesome. Piney, slightly fruity, nice light cereal grain lager malts. Haven't had one in forever. I guess I forgot how good it was.

I should look for Juliet. Sounds so tasty

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads