• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

JayFS

Reaction score
I have a very old pair of ST3 that's well worn in and noticed the thread on the outer seam is starting to separate. There's no breakage, but it's loosen up to the point where the two piece of leather is moving apart. Don't really have a trusted cobbler for seam work, should I try cement gluing (weldwood/barge) them back?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a very old pair of ST3 that's well worn in and noticed the thread on the outer seam is starting to separate. There's no breakage, but it's loosen up to the point where the two piece of leather is moving apart. Don't really have a trusted cobbler for seam work, should I try cement gluing (weldwood/barge) them back?
cement gluing can turn out looking real bad. If you want a true fix willie's in LA will get it done see http://www.williesshoeservice.com but it will be pricey, another option is FJ western (https://www.yelp.com/biz/fj-western-wear-and-boot-repair-santa-clara-4?uid=1-22mPEuNYhJr1ZF11UE_w&utm_campaign=www_business_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)) @eckblk had his boots dyed there and maybe you can ask about the fix, they'll be cheaper

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Soles on those sneakers remind me (very vaguely) of these guys, except even uglier.
I can see that.

I dig the black n white high tops, def would like a plain black pair more but seems like no one received an all black high top. Anyways I am not into artisinal sneakers much, that may change but for now I just like looking at them.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing better here than the original drips or Rubberbands, but maybe thats just my opinion.........

On the Subject of the durability. i owned the original rubberband boot and the elastic is industrial strength, very thick , and dense rubber so no issues with breaking

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soles on those sneakers remind me (very vaguely) of these guys, except even uglier.
You picked the wrong Rick. To my eyes they bear much greater similarity to Rick's stacked crepe boots:

But where I didn't like those, these are some of my favorite CCP footwear yet. Still not something I'd actually wear...but I'd at least think about wearing these.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
These new sneakers were enough to push me over the edge and finally cop a pair of the old model drips before they're gone forever. The new ones look pretty cool but I can't picture what I'd wear them with, beyond gym clothes.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These new sneakers were enough to push me over the edge and finally cop a pair of the old model drips before they're gone forever. The new ones look pretty cool but I can't picture what I'd wear them with, beyond gym clothes.
Dark tapered jeans? No need to overthink it. Looking at the styling of the retailers, it's just paired with the dead end jeans.

skeen7908

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new BETWEEN denim looks pretty bad with the old tornados and derbies
The hem is way too wide and they don't fall right. Look weird either cuffed or uncuffed

The new footwear is designed to be chunkier, and complement the new denim much better
Just like tornados were designed to go perfectly with breadsticks and the old dead end denim

If you wear slim/heavily tapered pants with the chunky new footwear I think it may look awkward as well

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I’d just wear the new sneaks with my reg clothes like I do my tornados. I think they are easy enough.
Dark tapered jeans? No need to overthink it. Looking at the styling of the retailers, it's just paired with the dead end jeans.
That's the thing... admittedly I pretty much only have the product shots to go by, but they don't seem like they'd pair well with other designers in this niche. Almost like they're too sporty and too chunky. Doesn't help that the store shots I've seen have all been with the models' pants cuffed way up the leg.

I'm even less sold after seeing them in an actual fit, not close up:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the thing... admittedly I pretty much only have the product shots to go by, but they don't seem like they'd pair well with other designers in this niche. Almost like they're too sporty and too chunky. Doesn't help that the store shots I've seen have all been with the models' pants cuffed way up the leg.

I'm even less sold after seeing them in an actual fit, not close up:
I'd probably look into how the RO geobaskets are worn with jeans. The new drips have chunkier soles but they both have that big sneaker tongue.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.