1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. JayFS

JayFS Senior Member

I have a very old pair of ST3 that's well worn in and noticed the thread on the outer seam is starting to separate. There's no breakage, but it's loosen up to the point where the two piece of leather is moving apart. Don't really have a trusted cobbler for seam work, should I try cement gluing (weldwood/barge) them back?

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

cement gluing can turn out looking real bad. If you want a true fix willie's in LA will get it done see http://www.williesshoeservice.com but it will be pricey, another option is FJ western (https://www.yelp.com/biz/fj-western...opup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)) @eckblk had his boots dyed there and maybe you can ask about the fix, they'll be cheaper

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

not crazy original as CCP has done a rubber band boot in past but the black ones are intriguing to me as is the "paper" leather on the white version, i do wonder how durable that rubber band is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

and of course the sneakers...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

low top
    [​IMG]
    low top white in paper leather
    [​IMG]

High top in kangaroo
    [​IMG]

5. oulipien

oulipien Distinguished Member

Soles on those sneakers remind me (very vaguely) of these guys, except even uglier.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

I can see that.

I dig the black n white high tops, def would like a plain black pair more but seems like no one received an all black high top. Anyways I am not into artisinal sneakers much, that may change but for now I just like looking at them.

7. Zamb

Zamb Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Nothing better here than the original drips or Rubberbands, but maybe thats just my opinion.........

On the Subject of the durability. i owned the original rubberband boot and the elastic is industrial strength, very thick , and dense rubber so no issues with breaking

8. Callusing

Callusing Distinguished Member

You picked the wrong Rick. To my eyes they bear much greater similarity to Rick's stacked crepe boots:
    [​IMG]

But where I didn't like those, these are some of my favorite CCP footwear yet. Still not something I'd actually wear...but I'd at least think about wearing these.

9. oulipien

oulipien Distinguished Member

Ah, I hadn't seen those.

10. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior Member

These new sneakers were enough to push me over the edge and finally cop a pair of the old model drips before they're gone forever. The new ones look pretty cool but I can't picture what I'd wear them with, beyond gym clothes.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

I’d just wear the new sneaks with my reg clothes like I do my tornados. I think they are easy enough.

12. nyarkies

nyarkies Distinguished Member

Dark tapered jeans? No need to overthink it. Looking at the styling of the retailers, it's just paired with the dead end jeans.

13. skeen7908

skeen7908 Distinguished Member

The new BETWEEN denim looks pretty bad with the old tornados and derbies
    The hem is way too wide and they don't fall right. Look weird either cuffed or uncuffed

The new footwear is designed to be chunkier, and complement the new denim much better
    Just like tornados were designed to go perfectly with breadsticks and the old dead end denim

If you wear slim/heavily tapered pants with the chunky new footwear I think it may look awkward as well

14. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior Member

That's the thing... admittedly I pretty much only have the product shots to go by, but they don't seem like they'd pair well with other designers in this niche. Almost like they're too sporty and too chunky. Doesn't help that the store shots I've seen have all been with the models' pants cuffed way up the leg.

I'm even less sold after seeing them in an actual fit, not close up:

15. nyarkies

nyarkies Distinguished Member

I'd probably look into how the RO geobaskets are worn with jeans. The new drips have chunkier soles but they both have that big sneaker tongue.