• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

JayFS

Reaction score
I have a very old pair of ST3 that's well worn in and noticed the thread on the outer seam is starting to separate. There's no breakage, but it's loosen up to the point where the two piece of leather is moving apart. Don't really have a trusted cobbler for seam work, should I try cement gluing (weldwood/barge) them back?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a very old pair of ST3 that's well worn in and noticed the thread on the outer seam is starting to separate. There's no breakage, but it's loosen up to the point where the two piece of leather is moving apart. Don't really have a trusted cobbler for seam work, should I try cement gluing (weldwood/barge) them back?

cement gluing can turn out looking real bad. If you want a true fix willie's in LA will get it done see http://www.williesshoeservice.com but it will be pricey, another option is FJ western (https://www.yelp.com/biz/fj-western...opup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)) @eckblk had his boots dyed there and maybe you can ask about the fix, they'll be cheaper

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not crazy original as CCP has done a rubber band boot in past but the black ones are intriguing to me as is the "paper" leather on the white version, i do wonder how durable that rubber band is

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0196.jpeg

IMG_8611-800x1200.jpg

IMG_8615-800x1200.jpg

IMG_8619-800x1200.jpg

IMG_8609-800x1200.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Soles on those sneakers remind me (very vaguely) of these guys, except even uglier.

I can see that.

I dig the black n white high tops, def would like a plain black pair more but seems like no one received an all black high top. Anyways I am not into artisinal sneakers much, that may change but for now I just like looking at them.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing better here than the original drips or Rubberbands, but maybe thats just my opinion.........

On the Subject of the durability. i owned the original rubberband boot and the elastic is industrial strength, very thick , and dense rubber so no issues with breaking

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soles on those sneakers remind me (very vaguely) of these guys, except even uglier.

You picked the wrong Rick. To my eyes they bear much greater similarity to Rick's stacked crepe boots:
rick-owens-lace-up-creeper-boots-2017-fall-winter-1.jpg

But where I didn't like those, these are some of my favorite CCP footwear yet. Still not something I'd actually wear...but I'd at least think about wearing these.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
These new sneakers were enough to push me over the edge and finally cop a pair of the old model drips before they're gone forever. The new ones look pretty cool but I can't picture what I'd wear them with, beyond gym clothes.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These new sneakers were enough to push me over the edge and finally cop a pair of the old model drips before they're gone forever. The new ones look pretty cool but I can't picture what I'd wear them with, beyond gym clothes.

Dark tapered jeans? No need to overthink it. Looking at the styling of the retailers, it's just paired with the dead end jeans.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The new BETWEEN denim looks pretty bad with the old tornados and derbies
The hem is way too wide and they don't fall right. Look weird either cuffed or uncuffed

The new footwear is designed to be chunkier, and complement the new denim much better
Just like tornados were designed to go perfectly with breadsticks and the old dead end denim

If you wear slim/heavily tapered pants with the chunky new footwear I think it may look awkward as well

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I’d just wear the new sneaks with my reg clothes like I do my tornados. I think they are easy enough.

Dark tapered jeans? No need to overthink it. Looking at the styling of the retailers, it's just paired with the dead end jeans.

That's the thing... admittedly I pretty much only have the product shots to go by, but they don't seem like they'd pair well with other designers in this niche. Almost like they're too sporty and too chunky. Doesn't help that the store shots I've seen have all been with the models' pants cuffed way up the leg.

I'm even less sold after seeing them in an actual fit, not close up:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the thing... admittedly I pretty much only have the product shots to go by, but they don't seem like they'd pair well with other designers in this niche. Almost like they're too sporty and too chunky. Doesn't help that the store shots I've seen have all been with the models' pants cuffed way up the leg.

I'm even less sold after seeing them in an actual fit, not close up:

I'd probably look into how the RO geobaskets are worn with jeans. The new drips have chunkier soles but they both have that big sneaker tongue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads