• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose that it depends on the size of your calves. I personally find the regular shaft opening small enough. I wear a pair of 988 boots regularly, and they are already slim on my calves. I have some muscle on my calves, but I'm definitely not a bodybuilder or anything. I suppose that if you have really skinny legs, then maybe the "s" is for you for the same look, but ime the regular is already slim enough.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I suppose that it depends on the size of your calves. I personally find the regular shaft opening small enough. I wear a pair of 988 boots regularly, and they are already slim on my calves. I have some muscle on my calves, but I'm definitely not a bodybuilder or anything. I suppose that if you have really skinny legs, then maybe the "s" is for you for the same look, but ime the regular is already slim enough.

good insight thank you

jograiled

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find specific info. I just bought a pair of FG Horse 988s in size 45. I usually wear a 44, and occasionally can fit a 43 (other brands, I haven't worn Guidi before), but I am finding these to be super tight. The length is fine but the width is tight, as well as the leather at the front of the boot at the ankle. Can anyone comment on whether this will stretch? Or do I need to size up?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find specific info. I just bought a pair of FG Horse 988s in size 45. I usually wear a 44, and occasionally can fit a 43, but I am finding these to be super tight. The length is fine but the width is tight, as well as the leather at the front of the boot at the ankle. Can anyone comment on whether this will stretch? Or do I need to size up?
I have 988 s in horse in a size 45 as well, and I'm normally a 44 as well, and a 43 in like, Common Projects and other Serena Sole sneakers. Mine were a snug fit at the beginning, but they quickly stretched to be pretty comfortable. I would not say that they are loose, and I don't wear anything but light socks with them, but they are certainly extremely comfortable at this point.

curiouscharles

Reaction score

i DO workout / body-build, and find the regular shaft awkwardly large.

i don't perform boot tucks either, but the regular shaft [and Guidi leather in general] already stretches enough as is, so it's always made more sense to go for the S shaft variants, which will stretch out anyway.

when the non-S variants stretch out, you're left with an even more awkwardly large opening.

i'd say unless you have abnormally large calves, always go with the S.

tellure

Reaction score
Some of the new CDIEMs from Fascinate. Nice looking leather, and pricing seem less crazy than most brands in this category (US$1337 at current exchange)..

c-diem-va21r-09-5.jpg

c-diem-va21r-09-4.jpg

c-diem-va21r-09-6.jpg

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i might be crazy, but i'm almost positive the shape changed from the original. they're starting to look a lot more generic and less refined

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Id have to see them in person, they dont impress me at all

I have like 5/6 pairs of old Carpes at the moment and I these look inferior, but maybe its the pictures

Mehran

Reaction score
I am just starting to get into the whole artisanal scene. How hard is it to wear a pair of CCP Tornadoes with something more normal (regular black jeans, t shirt, etc)? I don't have a supporting wardrobe just yet, but I am in love with the design and am wondering what I am buying into.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
A lot of people do it, actually. It usually doesn't look good because it always look like the CCP is wearing them and not vice versa. It's passable and inoffensive, but rarely does it really do any justice to the wearer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads