• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenwear

Reaction score
Speaking of Leather Soul.....just got a delivery!

If those aren't New Balance shoes, don't post them. Might blow some minds here and rip a hole in the space-time continuum.

Reaction score
I am new to this forum so please don't yell at me if I do something wrong.

I am about to buy a pair of Alden Shell Cordovan Traditional Saddle Oxfords (994's) and before doing so just wanted to see if they are going to be too dressy for khakis or jeans.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mac I love your whiskey PTB and black laces combination , are those black Alden laces or another brand?

nephew, thank you! they are alden black laces

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

New baby, closed on the new house today. New adventures call for a pair of innsbruck indys :) and a beautiful wife, can't forget that

Just realized i didn't even get the shoes in the picture

nephew, congratulations

walds11

Reaction score
This thread has totally enabled me. I have my first pair of Alden's on the way, to be delivered tomorrow...Alden Indy Snuff Suede boots. Thanks a lot guys :) I never thought I'd spend this much loot on a pair of shoes/boots, but it's all good. They'll compliment my Red Wing Iron Rangers and Wolverine Courtland 1000 Mile boots nicely.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

With all the whiskey talk, I wonder what I to keep... whiskey Indy or WTB

I guess whatever I don't keep, I should break even on the secondary market :)

nephew, I would keep wtb

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think those would command a couple hundred more for NIB. But hey, for a few hundred is it worth the hassle.. ? For me no. I'd prefer to sell to other solid SF members for actual cost and hope the favor would be repaid someday
This is funny in the sense that it brings back memories of a scenario I experienced with a fellow SF'er. He had a pair of Whiskey PTB's and he wasn't sure if he was going to keep them. I reached out to him fully aware that given the popular size and model, he likely had a couple hundred messages expressing an interest to purchase. I remember his response like it was yesterday, he essentially said that he would rather sell to me at his cost because of my contributions to the forum, blah, blah, blah. About a month passes and he reaches out to me and asks me to increase my price because of some of the other offers he had received. I politely declined as I remember that it felt a little like I was being extorted.

Not at all suggesting that you would do the same. Simply pointing out that good intentions are one thing but at the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with acting in one's best financial interest. My first choice will alwayes be to sell to a fellow SF'er, but not at the cost of accepting less for a product. Unless it's a friend or someone close, that simply doesn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members