• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shaunw, my experience exactly. Well said - it definitely feels like playing roulette.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
i just dislike how long it takes TSM to process returns. I haven't had any issues with the ordering part.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm one of those guys that just spent $425 on one of the Horween single piece cordovan belts. I know it's ridiculous but I got the dark cognac and it goes with cigar and ravello really well. The idea is that it will last me a long long time.

So like others on this thread, I don't like the buckle. Anyone know a good source for brushed nickel or silver buckles that are worthy a $400 piece of horse ass?
sellran, the Horween one piece shell belts are really awesome. If I was going to replace the buckle I'd do something personal and bespoke. Italian 925 sterling silver, engraved with your initials of course, would look spectacular. Start with Tiffany's and work your way up, or down, from there.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

A 9D (my Barrie size) in Leydon is literally unwearable. I have a Leydon in 9.5D that is arguably too small. I wear a very thin sock.

Countingsheep

Reaction score
My TSM seconds email shows a Barrie lasted cigar PTB in 10.5 for $399... Someone should call about those. I'm not in the market but that's a lot of shoe for the price

Edit: bunch of other gems on both the 11 and 10.5 lists actually... Color 8 monks in 11 (Barrie), Natty CXL chukkas also barrie and 11... Tremont lasted color 8 short wings in 11... Wish I had the funds to go crazy. Hope someone does

Last edited:

hypomnema

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2938 off the seconds list. I've never seen these in person, but it appears they're the unlined ptb. Can anyone who has this model confirm? Does the lack of lining affect the fit?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Uncle
smile.gif

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the matter of the Horween shell one piece belt: I have various belts in dark browns, mid browns, tans, burgundy, black, etc. - some with silver buckles; some with gold. I like the variety. These days, at least for some makers/retailers**, it seems almost an oddity that a gold buckle is used. However, given the lapse of time, this, of course, will change, and some will find it odd that silver buckles are being used.

** one noteable exception being BB, which essentially always carries both

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better bet with seconds is the call the store, I've ordered through there and it's a lot more shell available usually

Also only got one size in my email today 10.5D which is weird. Anybody get a 10E list and are there any indys there?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For TSM irregulars, it is best to assume they no longer have what you want, and then call. That way you can be pleasently surprised when they tell you they have it - but even then prepare yourself to be let down when you learn of the defect. :D

terradilavoro

Reaction score

Just ordered a 2938 off the seconds list. I've never seen these in person, but it appears they're the unlined ptb. Can anyone who has this model confirm? Does the lack of lining affect the fit?

Congrats hypomnema! 2938F = PTB No. 8 Barrie unlined black welt. No affect.

cheerio
Joachim

Last edited:

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called about three items on TSM's irregular list: Barrie lasted color 8 LWBs in a 10D; Barrie lasted color 8 short-wing boots on commando soles in 10E; and Tremont lasted color 8 SWBs in a 10.5D. They only had the last listed pair by the time I called, and I bought them. I was really hoping for a pair of black shell monks in my size, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads