1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trig

trig Distinguished Member

hmmmm still on the fence, to go snuff or tan suede in the chukkas. gotta look back through this thread on leydon sizing recs too.

darn shame that #4 NST boot was an error. but looks like I would've been slower than you guys anyhow.

2. bobbyc17

bobbyc17 Member

I picked up some Kudu Indy's with the commando sole from ShoeMart's Factory 2nds. I've been looking at those and the #8 indys with commando for wet fall/winter weather but I am not sure how I feel about exposing cordovan shoes to those conditions and Kudu is supposed to be perfect for bad weather. Hopefully the Trubalance last isnt too big.

3. jkater1

jkater1 Senior Member

I was just about to pick up the phone. Oh well.

4. willsgillen

willsgillen Well-Known Member

I hate whoever snagged the ravello LHS in 10D from the irregulars list in the first 5 mins (and by hate I mean am very jealous of). Enjoy your purchase and wear in good health.

5. phototristan

phototristan Distinguished Member

Leydon should be TTS or TTS + up a width.

6. poena

poena Senior Member

7. phototristan

phototristan Distinguished Member

Definitely not.

8. shaunw

shaunw Senior Member

I sat on hold at TSM for a while before I got a person. The 10D #8 indy boot was gone or only shown in error......bummer........the 9.5d black shell indy's are kind of tempting but I'm guessing they are gone now too.

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Distinguished Member

Well I got through to someone at the Shoemart who told me they don't have any of the Seconds shoes right now, and that I should call back on Thursday. He said the email went out a couple of days too early. I wanted to pay right there and then of course, but they weren't having any of it. Annoying.

10. bobbyc17

bobbyc17 Member

Thats weird. I was able to purchase a pair and receive confirmation via email. I would call back ASAP.

11. CHRK33

CHRK33 Distinguished Member

Sorry fellas, I purportedly got the #8 Indys and V-tips. Received my email confirmation, so fingers crossed that they ship and are in good shape. Pretty excited.

I have a pair of tan suede v-tips that I absolutely love, which is why I excited about these #8s.

12. speekez

speekez Well-Known Member

finally got the black monks i've been pining for! success!

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Distinguished Member

:puzzled: Maybe they don't like me?!

14. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior Member

nvm

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

15. shaunw

shaunw Senior Member

the wholeTSM irregulars process is unreliable and fickle at best. I have been lucky a few times when I called and they had what I was looking for so I'm not complaining. [​IMG]

the emails don't typically go out to everyone at the exact same time. Frequently I see here in this thread that people have received the email but sometimes later the same day or even the following day I will get a list. I have asked for several sizes ranging from 9.5 to 10.5 since depending on the shoe/boot and last my required size could be quite variable. I usually get the 9.5D, 9.5E, and 10D lists. Today for example though I got everything I have ever requested 9.5D, 9.5E, 10C, 10D, 10E, and 10.5D, which I think is a first. Its like playing the lottery imo.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.