1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Distinguished Member

shaunw, my experience exactly. Well said - it definitely feels like playing roulette.

2. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior Member

i just dislike how long it takes TSM to process returns. I haven't had any issues with the ordering part.

3. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Distinguished Member

sellran, the Horween one piece shell belts are really awesome. If I was going to replace the buckle I'd do something personal and bespoke. Italian 925 sterling silver, engraved with your initials of course, would look spectacular. Start with Tiffany's and work your way up, or down, from there.

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

^^

A 9D (my Barrie size) in Leydon is literally unwearable. I have a Leydon in 9.5D that is arguably too small. I wear a very thin sock.

5. Countingsheep

Countingsheep Senior Member

My TSM seconds email shows a Barrie lasted cigar PTB in 10.5 for $399... Someone should call about those. I'm not in the market but that's a lot of shoe for the price

Edit: bunch of other gems on both the 11 and 10.5 lists actually... Color 8 monks in 11 (Barrie), Natty CXL chukkas also barrie and 11... Tremont lasted color 8 short wings in 11... Wish I had the funds to go crazy. Hope someone does

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

6. hypomnema

hypomnema Senior Member

Just ordered a 2938 off the seconds list. I've never seen these in person, but it appears they're the unlined ptb. Can anyone who has this model confirm? Does the lack of lining affect the fit?

7. Don L

Don L Distinguished Member

For Uncle [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sevenfoldtieguy

On the matter of the Horween shell one piece belt: I have various belts in dark browns, mid browns, tans, burgundy, black, etc. - some with silver buckles; some with gold. I like the variety. These days, at least for some makers/retailers**, it seems almost an oddity that a gold buckle is used. However, given the lapse of time, this, of course, will change, and some will find it odd that silver buckles are being used.

** one noteable exception being BB, which essentially always carries both

9. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Better bet with seconds is the call the store, I've ordered through there and it's a lot more shell available usually

Also only got one size in my email today 10.5D which is weird. Anybody get a 10E list and are there any indys there?

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

nephew, thank you

11. sevenfoldtieguy

For TSM irregulars, it is best to assume they no longer have what you want, and then call. That way you can be pleasently surprised when they tell you they have it - but even then prepare yourself to be let down when you learn of the defect. :D

12. terradilavoro

terradilavoro Senior Member

Congrats hypomnema! 2938F = PTB No. 8 Barrie unlined black welt. No affect.

cheerio
    Joachim

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Ravello PTBs

[​IMG]

14. brp2

brp2 Distinguished Member

I called about three items on TSM's irregular list: Barrie lasted color 8 LWBs in a 10D; Barrie lasted color 8 short-wing boots on commando soles in 10E; and Tremont lasted color 8 SWBs in a 10.5D. They only had the last listed pair by the time I called, and I bought them. I was really hoping for a pair of black shell monks in my size, though.

15. gforce

gforce Senior Member

For me up 1 size and width

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.