• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

racknac

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some good alternatives to the Indy laces? I've already gone through two pairs and am really frustrated with them ripping apart after a few months.

REguy

Reaction score

Can anyone recommend some good alternatives to the Indy laces? I've already gone through two pairs and am really frustrated with them ripping apart after a few months.

See if you can find the laces Red Wing puts in their Beckman moc toe boots like those J. Crew sells. They're HEAVILY waxed flat cotton, a little bulkier than normal Indy laces, but should last considerably longer.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What lasts are those Aldens? Can you list them in order? Thanks

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Hello gents, just got these guys as a gift from the wife and would love some recommendations on a belt that could pair well with these that I could use dressed up or dressed down, any and all help is much appreciated...

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello gents, just got these guys as a gift from the wife and would love some recommendations on a belt that could pair well with these that I could use dressed up or dressed down, any and all help is much appreciated...

Those look great. Where did your wife get them?

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a pair of the alden waxed laces from the store in NYC.

vivalet

Reaction score
Hi NYR, Can you tell us your steps to get it looking like this from so beat up? Thanks!

Sure thing. Plain and simple, the Mac method. All done watching the first period of Rangers/Flyers...

Took an old tee shirt, ran it under some warm water. Wrang it out so it was just damp, and wiped down the shoes, uppers and edges. Let the shoes dry for about 2 minutes, then I went to work with a horsehair brush. I literally brushed hard for about 4-5 minutes each shoe. My arm was killing me after about 3 minutes, so I changed hands for a minute, before finishing with my stronger hand. C'est tout. This is why cordovan in my mind is so worth the extra bucks. I used NO polish, NO conditioning creme, NOTHING but the damp cloth and hard brushing. Next time I will prob add some Venetian cream to give it a real luster.

Wow. That is great. Thank you. Such an incredible transformation! I took my 9901s as my only shoes on a trip to Thanksgiving to really break them in once and for all (I've had them for 2 years and have only worn them a few times), and with the 6 days of straight wear, they need the mac method to get them back to looking new. Going to do it upon my return.

Mac, so you have two methods, the maintenance method and the break in method. I think you should write a book.

In general, I want to say thank you for all the contributors to this forum. While I do not write a lot, I am an avid reader and I do learn a lot from all you guys.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow. That is great. Thank you. Such an incredible transformation! I took my 9901s as my only shoes on a trip to Thanksgiving to really break them in once and for all (I've had them for 2 years and have only worn them a few times), and with the 6 days of straight wear, they need the mac method to get them back to looking new. Going to do it upon my return.
Mac, so you have two methods, the maintenance method and the break in method. I think you should write a book.
In general, I want to say thank you for all the contributors to this forum. While I do not write a lot, I am an avid reader and I do learn a lot from all you guys.

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ra0rr6.jpg

cigar indy
argyles otc

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the ultimate goal is to never apply wax polish to your shells

I have never polished any of my shells -- just Renovateur and Venetian Shoe Cream. Shell cordovan and other nicer leathers (including Chromexcel) have enough inherent oils and coloration that polish can be unnecessary, and can obscure the beauty of the aging of those leathers.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice cigar Indys! both of you

I just ordered what I believe will be my grail of Alden boots this weekend. And no they weren't on sale. Hopefully I can get them past customs (my wife) and that are without any obvious flaws when I see them in hand. Will post pics in a week or so when I get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads