• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanoiboy

Reaction score
Its natural shell cordovan ashland leather, 7 month of consistent wear. THANKS PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lived in Cantabria for two years, Austurius for 6 months and now spend 8-10 days per month in Galacia

I'm relocating for the summer with my family, and this will be our view most evenings...

One of these times when I pass through Madrid I need to stop in on Carmina...

Green with envy! I've never been to that part of the country. My folks lived down on the southern coast in the late 90's to early 00's. So my wife (gf at the time) and I would spend a few weeks with them in Sotogrande every winter. We did Seville and Cordoba (home of shell cordovan to keep it from veering too far OT). I hit the Carmina store in barcelona last year. It's absolutely worth a visit.

Have a great summer!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Alden x JCrew Tan Suede Dovers with Agatine Eyelets. JCrew loafer socks. Aqua laces to match my RL Polo shirt and Gray Plaid Shorts with a narrow Aqua stripe.

-Mike

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be kind enough to post a pic of cigar next to the new ravello? I saw a couple photos of the new ravello on here, but maybe a pic of them side by side a pair of cigars in the same lighting conditions would help me out. I want to buy both but not if the ravello has become significantly darker....

hope this helps..

old ravello ---> new ravello ---> new ravello LWB ---> cigar (circa '13 iirc) ---> new cigar from last month ---> old cigar (circa '12 iirc)

lemmy127

Reaction score

hope this helps.. old ravello ---> new ravello ---> new ravello LWB ---> cigar (circa '13 iirc) ---> new cigar from last month ---> old cigar (circa '12 iirc)
Thanks! I already sent my check in the mail this afternoon, but this confirms that I made the right choice (for me) in picking Ravello.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Last edited:

movoblast

Reaction score

hope this helps..

old ravello ---> new ravello ---> new ravello LWB ---> cigar (circa '13 iirc) ---> new cigar from last month ---> old cigar (circa '12 iirc)
Hey kwhite, can you or anyone else confirm Adam's email? Just wanted to be cautious/double check because it seemed a little odd that he wouldn't accept credit card and only accepted a mailed-in money order or a wire transfer. Thanks guys!

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey kwhite, can you or anyone else confirm Adam's email? Just wanted to be cautious/double check because it seemed a little odd that he wouldn't accept credit card and only accepted a mailed-in money order or a wire transfer. Thanks guys!

Coincidentally, I received this email from Adam today:

Dear Sir, SEEKING YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. Please permit me to make your acquaintance in so informal a manner. This is necessitated by my urgent need to reach a dependable and trust wordy foreign partner. This request may seem strange and unsolicited but I will crave your indulgence and pray that you view it seriously. My name is ADAM of ALDEN-of-CARMEL and One of the close aides to the former President of the Republic of ALDEN. Due to the sartorial campaign, I and some of my colleagues were instructed by the President to go abroad to purchase shoes and boots worth of Twenty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only (US$20,500,000.00) to fight the rebel group. Thus, if you are willing to assist us move this fund out of Carmel, you can contact me through my email address above with your telephone, fax number and personal information to enable us discuss the modalities and what will be your share (percentage) for assisting us. I must use this opportunity and medium to implore You to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this Matter extraordinarily confidential, Whatever your Decision, while I await your prompt response.
Thank you and God Bless. Best Regards, ADAM of ALDEN OF CARMEL​

chrisefi

Reaction score
So looking at pictures...

• Older cigar looks like newer ravello.
  • New cigar is so dark it's closer to color 8.
  • Old ravello was more "red" and closer to Color 4.
  • Color 4 is probably never going to happen again or very rarerly.
  • Newer Color 8 is either super dark or occasionally "purple-ish" like the Jcrew PCT boot / older Color 8 is like this too.

Am I getting this right?

Last edited:

chrisefi

Reaction score
Coincidentally, I received this email from Adam today:

Dear Sir, SEEKING YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. Please permit me to make your acquaintance in so informal a manner. This is necessitated by my urgent need to reach a dependable and trust wordy foreign partner. This request may seem strange and unsolicited but I will crave your indulgence and pray that you view it seriously. My name is ADAM of ALDEN-of-CARMEL and One of the close aides to the former President of the Republic of ALDEN. Due to the sartorial campaign, I and some of my colleagues were instructed by the President to go abroad to purchase shoes and boots worth of Twenty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only (US$20,500,000.00) to fight the rebel group. Thus, if you are willing to assist us move this fund out of Carmel, you can contact me through my email address above with your telephone, fax number and personal information to enable us discuss the modalities and what will be your share (percentage) for assisting us. I must use this opportunity and medium to implore You to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this Matter extraordinarily confidential, Whatever your Decision, while I await your prompt response.
Thank you and God Bless. Best Regards, ADAM of ALDEN OF CARMEL​
Spam. I received this from someone else, too. I'd reply back to him and let him know to change his PW.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads