• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxmatt

Reaction score
Thanks for going to the trouble to finding that. I think those are the Alder in burnished tan. No commando sole either. They do look a lot lighter than the website photos though. Makes me wonder about the Hanovers...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks for going to the trouble to finding that. I think those are the Alder in burnished tan. No commando sole either. They do look a lot lighter than the website photos though. Makes me wonder about the Hanovers...

Burnished tan does sound familiar. I tried!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need better songs...damn with all the creative talent in this country...we haven't come up with anything better than USA...USA

Works for me. I'll be in Brazil this summer singin' away! Wonder if they sell Alden or shell in Rio?
cheers.gif

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whomever is a head of me for the 11.5D ravello LWB from alden.. if you grab it and find it doesn't work, please let me know. I appear be to second in line, but they want to allow the first person in line 7-10 days to accept or waive their ability to purchase.. I just want to put to bed the fiasco from earlier this year with jcrew 'losing' my pair and get my one last grail.

thanks in advance!

and even have a couple trades in the 11.5-12d range to sweeten the deal..

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden guys, I'd love your opinions on a suede boot primarily for the fall and winter. Which of the following would you recommend for mostly casual wear (denim and chinos) but perhaps a little dressier every now and then?

1) Alden snuff suede chukka boot

2) Alden x Leffot Cooney boot

Or, would you recommend something else? I really like both of these, and they are priced similarly. Also, FWIW, I plan to get the Indy 403 later this fall/winter. Thanks in advance!

If you plan to pick up a pair of 403's and you want to be able to dress up that snuff, I would go with the chukka (Leydon). It's sleeker than the Cooney. However, I very much prefer the Cooney boot though. Snuff suede is primarily casual in nature. I like the cooney boot and J Crew's snuff suede plain toe boot as well, more so than the chukka.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haven't seen this awhile, so I figured I'd put it up and ask..

top 3 grails that you don't yet own but would buy if they became available...

pics included in possible..

my three

1. ravello brixton

2. ravello chukka, either plaza or barrie

3. cigar LWB.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All,

Just got these in from Jcrew. Looks like these had an issue when they were dyed. Possible to brush this out or do I have to return them?

Thanks,

I had the same uneven dying on my jcrew cap toe color 8.
Post pic and somebody said it's rare that the dying process is even. Does brushing it help get rid of it?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow.  This pic may change my mind about acquiring another color 8 boot.  Well done my friend!

thank you sir. i have 2 color #8 captoe boots, the other being jcrew captoe. I think once the jcrew captoe is due for a resole, ill ask b.nelson to switch out the edge trim and welt stitching to match leffot naval boot

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
horrible quick pic of my jcrew crepe LWB. cant seem to see any dye bleeding, but I'll admit they have got minimal wearing, maybe once outside

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry for the crost brand posting, but I spend most of time (and admire) the posters in this thread..

I've tried unsuccessfully to bring up the shine on some AE brown shell patriots.. Liberal use of renomat and has been applied and removed some material, combined with some spirited brushing.. still cant see to get a decent shine. definitely an improvement over the pair not yet worked on Patriot, but not what I fell is accomplishable..

any thoughts? any one (other than MAC as I know his time is money) that has had success? I'd almost entertain shipping this pair of to someone just to see what they could accomplish..

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry for the crost brand posting, but I spend most of time (and admire) the posters in this thread..

I've tried unsuccessfully to bring up the shine on some AE brown shell patriots.. Liberal use of renomat and has been applied and removed some material, combined with some spirited brushing.. still cant see to get a decent shine. definitely an improvement over the pair not yet worked on Patriot, but not what I fell is accomplishable..

any thoughts? any one (other than MAC as I know his time is money) that has had success? I'd almost entertain shipping this pair of to someone just to see what they could accomplish..

You may want to post this over in the shoe care thread:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc/

I think Renomat is made to STRIP the shell. So, you would need to add wax back and buff after using it if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads