• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
great shoe, love the unlined shell and all it's wrinkly glory. I gave it a shot but the D width barrie shoe just doesn't work for me.
What is your brannock? Is the D too wide?

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rtp, you hadshared pics of your new black shell ptbs 9901. I would love to see how they have turned out with wear. If you could share pics of your black ptbs that would be wonderful.
Cheers my friend!

RK, sorry to keep you waiting. I needed some time to clean and brush. I haven't worn these as often as my LWB, but some nice creases have formed. Hoped this helps you...

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's some Monday whiskey:

Last edited:

Renton

Reaction score

Alden finally cashed the check dated June 7 that I sent in with my shoes for recrafting, does that mean they will be on their way soon?

I'm in the same boat. I sent my shoes in for recrafting in early June and they finally charged my credit card last week.

stevenm104

Reaction score
After a light brushing and all day out in the city.

Unfortunately I do not have any before shots but the "flaking" looked very similar to your previous post, it was located right at the ball of my foot and was larger than the size of quarter. I had not seen this issue prior and I did quite a bit of searching online so hopefully I can offer some useful info on here as others have done for me.

My cell phone photography doesnt do the finish justice, the finish is smooth almost glassy. The color is beginning to show a very nice patina as well. The PTB was the one that drew me in but the Barrie last and I have our struggles.

I have become quite partial to this one and find myself finding as many opportunities to wear them as possible

Best

They look great, NYDRH! Love the NST's too. Wear in great health!

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

100 yrs

Reaction score

What is your brannock? Is the D too wide?

i measure just slightly under a 9D on the brannock, but i have flatter low volume foot with narrow heels. because the barrie is so voluminous comparatively, i sized all the way down to an 8D for the one's i have for sale, figuring they'd be short enough to keep my heel in place but ok in the width because they're unlined. however, the heels are still too wide. so now that i have these brown cxl ptbs in a narrow width that fit me better, the unlined #8's can go. i try to maintain a one in one out policy.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this model has already made a few appearances in this thread. unlined ptb in brown cxl from alden SF. i can't believe it took them so long to make this shoe, it's a no brainer to me

there was a shoot out between a suspect and police this morning outside of my office building in downtown seattle. thankfully the only one critically injured was the suspect. a bus driver was also shot but he's expected to make a full recovery based on early reports. crazy way to start the week. crappy phone pic of the view

nice looking shoes. I missed the ptb memo for today. im glad to hear no one else got seriously hurt in seattle today.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RK, sorry to keep you waiting. I needed some time to clean and brush. I haven't worn these as often as my LWB, but some nice creases have formed. Hoped this helps you...
nephew, good looking combo

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, J. Gilbert in Seattle has Alden Indy boots in reverse chamois on a crepe sole, if this might be what you are looking for (http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Chamois_Indy_Boot_286.htm). The stock is limited to a few sizes now, but I was told they should be getting two restocks this fall.

Thanks, cincikid. These actually look like an interesting makeup and they have my size as well. I will add them to my candidates. Appreciate the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads