• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

Retailers lie. A lot of times they actually have the shoe but the owner or an employee or cousin or boyfriend, wants it so they will get priority, and tell you it didn't come in or was damaged.

i'd be hesitant to implicate someone like that. i'd like to believe steven and his crew have more integrity than that.

dslonghorn4

Reaction score
foo.gif

I could do without this......and the video you posted of the guy touching himself while caressing his hanover cordovan shoes.

Also of note, neither video has anything to do with alden shoes or this thread

+1

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'd be hesitant to implicate someone like that. i'd like to believe steven and his crew have more integrity than that.

I do not know Steven but from my understanding he is not only a retailer, but a business owner, and I have not read a bad word about Leffot.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another +1 for steven. he took care of me on some day trippers last year. great to do business with..

CalceoAdamator

Reaction score
Sizing opinion guys... Looking at the straight tip on the Hampton last... Against popular opinion I have seen on the thread, I find this last in a D is a tad wide, physically and aesthetically for me. I usually wear a D width on most lasts, but take an E on the narrower Aberdeen last, which fits perfectly. I was thinking of getting the Hampton in a C width... You guys think that will balance out that last for me?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing opinion guys... Looking at the straight tip on the Hampton last... Against popular opinion I have seen on the thread, I find this last in a D is a tad wide, physically and aesthetically for me. I usually wear a D width on most lasts, but take an E on the narrower Aberdeen last, which fits perfectly. I was thinking of getting the Hampton in a C width... You guys think that will balance out that last for me?
Only one way to find out. If you can, buy both and return one.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now that's impressive and a modern CEO approach... Like Nick Horween who often posts in Style Forum... Regrettably, I don't expect to see that from the Alden CEO... They're too ivory towered... And too Internet phobic..

I actually do not mind not having direct access to people who run the companies that I like to puchase wares from. If I like their products I, by extension, usually have a positive view of them. It can only go down hill if they get involved. A typo or a choice you do not agree with and wham! You lose a customer. You cannot please everyone.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
i think it could go both ways... Old school service suggests a personal touch could go a long way. But you are correct, if you don't know how to communicate well, you open the door to trouble. I personally think it would be nice to see the Alden CEO reach out to his most reliable customers. I'm not losing any sleep over it though.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Retailers lie..

I think you are making a real big assumption here. That's more than a bit of a stretch especially since you are responding to a post about a specific retailer. A retailer with a stellar reputation. I can't imagine you intended to disparage the guy but it's important to think before responding on public forum about an incident of which you have no first hand knowledge. A comment like that can have very real consequences when posted on a public forum in a thread with 4+ million views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads