• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mdubs Thanks for another great monthly topic of discussion.

When I think about the one that got away, it's oddly not a rare shell model.

Starting in 2011, Leffot ran a great wingtip boot in reverse tobacco chamois. It was their Greenwich Boot. It was detailed with all eyelets, 360 reverse welt, and commando soles. Those were the days when Leffot's Alden collabs sold out very quickly. They ran the boot a few times but I could get never get a slot. B+M and AoM ran similar versions, but to this day I've always coveted the Leffot version.

I recently contacted Steven at Leffot and asked if he would consider running it again, given that RTC is having a moment right now. He said he'd run the boot again. Let's hope that happens! If you're a fan, I'd definitely reach out to Steven at Leffot to see if he's going to run it soon !

DSC_00027.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voltaire has knocked it out of the park again with another killer makeup! My first Ravello and boy these are gorgeous; I'm honestly going to feel bad wearing these for the first time. I couldn't have asked for a nicer shoe to start my Ravello collection with.

Double Waterloc on 360 welt with an NST front and all brass eyelets, lasted around the Plaza last. #2 pair from this run.

My photos don't do these babies justice.

PS: Voltaire at Style by Blaine is building his website and it should be up and running very soon. He really loves Alden and has an eye for some unique makeups.

PXL_20210304_232847108.jpg
PXL_20210304_232857286.jpg
PXL_20210304_232915145.jpg
PXL_20210304_233100518.jpg
PXL_20210304_233214324.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa Savvy, two amazing drops in two days. Well done my-man!

Thank you! Got lucky on all counts :lol:

Everybody's calling me at the same time!

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still haven't quite figured out how to get a pair of Alden shells in anything other than black or burgundy... I was hoping picking up two pairs of shells from a single retailer would have opened the doors to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory for me, but alas...

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still haven't quite figured out how to get a pair of Alden shells in anything other than black or burgundy... I was hoping picking up two pairs of shells from a single retailer would have opened the doors to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory for me, but alas...

what is the process? I’ve never even seen any whiskey/ravello/cigar shell make ups on anything other than these threads...

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just plain old pumpkin 405s ... the best Indys ever (in my short time knowing of and about Alden!)
20210305_101125.jpg
20210305_101040.jpg
20210305_101152.jpg
20210305_101212.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mdubs Thanks for another great monthly topic of discussion.

When I think about the one that got away, it's oddly not a rare shell model.

Starting in 2011, Leffot ran a great wingtip boot in reverse tobacco chamois. It was their Greenwich Boot. It was detailed with all eyelets, 360 reverse welt, and commando soles. Those were the days when Leffot's Alden collabs sold out very quickly. They ran the boot a few times but I could get never get a slot. B+M and AoM ran similar versions, but to this day I've always coveted the Leffot version.

I recently contacted Steven at Leffot and asked if he would consider running it again, given that RTC is having a moment right now. He said he'd run the boot again. Let's hope that happens! If you're a fan, I'd definitely reach out to Steven at Leffot to see if he's going to run it soon !

View attachment 1567552
Thank you for this! I'll definitely be reaching out to Leffot! These remind me of the make-up by The Stronghold with their Hummus Suede Wingtip Boot.
Screenshot_20210304-194606.png

I pre-ordered a pair of Loden Suede Plain Toe Boots from Ealdwine and will need to go back in this thread and and see all the pics & comparison feedback people posted on which color will give the greatest contrast since I don't wanna buy multiple colors of boots (besides Snuff since that's flexible).

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voltaire has knocked it out of the park again with another killer makeup! My first Ravello and boy these are gorgeous; I'm honestly going to feel bad wearing these for the first time. I couldn't have asked for a nicer shoe to start my Ravello collection with.

Double Waterloc on 360 welt with an NST front and all brass eyelets, lasted around the Plaza last. #2 pair from this run.

My photos don't do these babies justice.

PS: Voltaire at Style by Blaine is building his website and it should be up and running very soon. He really loves Alden and has an eye for some unique makeups.

View attachment 1567639 View attachment 1567640 View attachment 1567641 View attachment 1567642 View attachment 1567643
Gorgeous! Wear in good health!

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, similar here, other than just playing the waiting game. I'm sure there are those instances where you can call around and get lucky by a store having an unaccounted pair in your size stock, otherwise I guess just be patient and enjoy the shell Appreciation on this thread and IG pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads