• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnniegold

Reaction score
Starting the day off with the important delivery of Collonil 1909.

View attachment 1539118

Waiting for a delivery of some Saphir products from Pediwear. Only problem is that all my shoes have been polished and have not been worn since. ?

I guess I could strip them down and start over. ?

Maybe just a touch-up will do. ?

I have to try some of the Collonil products.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
time for colloniloscopy boys
download.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bravely defying peer pressure and alliteration, NSTs on a Wednesday.

IMG_9916.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Today: AWW View attachment 1538664

... and herein lies the rub. During the course of the pandemic, I work from home quite a bit and any time spent in the office is usually dressed down unless I have a videoconference which will be in a shirt and tie onscreen and jeans/chinos.

So my modest Alden collection has always been very utilitarian. STB, Medallion Captoes, Balmoral WTs, NST and LWB to be worn with suits for work.

Now, those shoes, with the exception of those in the back row (Chukka, PTB, LHS and the AWW) and at times the LWB with jeans, don’t see a lot of action.

I may just start wearing them around the house with sweatpants. ???

View attachment 1538665

Johnnie, your AWW's are looking superb on you! You have a fantastic collection there of beautiful shoes. I think that we are struggling with how our beloved Alden's fit into our Work From Home life...

Just had to wear a pair of tankers on Tuesday View attachment 1538706

AuDog, your Tankers are looking just superb on you!!!

Grain for rain today.. still warm here but not for long. View attachment 1538714

Chippy, you are looking great in Alpine Grain LHSes. A great shoe and you are wearing them well.

ShoeTree, your Kudu Indy Boots are looking great on you!!!

Color 8 (2145) Alden Aberdeen lasted Medallion captoe bluchers with young, energetic French Bulldog puppy! A tribute to our beloved @audog !!

View attachment 1538809
View attachment 1538808 View attachment 1538810 View attachment 1538811 View attachment 1538812

Repp, your Color #8 MCT Bluchers are looking just superb on you today! Love them and love the pictures with your cute little puppy!

Well, CXL tankers got soaked during a dog walk, that involved a brief "dip" in the lake overflow stream....but it's still Tuesday so, dry tankers get the call View attachment 1538824

AuDog, you are looking great in your dry Tankers. A great pair that you are wearing very well today!

Savvy, you are looking great in your stylish Color #8 and Alpine Grain Saddles. Those are a great and classic model!

Daniel, your Burgundy Grain WT Boots are looking just great on you today! A lovely model that is ready to tackle any weather while looking just superb!

Starting the day off with the important delivery of Collonil 1909.

View attachment 1539118

Congratulations and I am looking forward to seeing some nice and shiny Aldens!!!

Morning gentlemen. Ravello V-Tip boots today

View attachment 1539249

Vocans, your Ravello V-Tips are looking superb on you today my friend! Great model that we are lucky to own!

Bravely defying peer pressure and alliteration, NSTs on a Wednesday.

View attachment 1539257

Doc, your Alpine Grain NST Bluchers are looking great on you today!

AuDog, you are looking great in your Wingtip Boots. A great design and the contrast of the design is looks great!!

-Mike

CTYGGG

Reaction score
I'm about to order my first Van last shell leisure penny loafers that I will mostly wear without socks during the summer. The shoe vendor advised downsizing 1/2 size from the Barrie last. A 9.5D fits me perfect with the Barrie last with medium thick socks. Is downsizing the right guidance?

Low vamp, wide heel cup. We suggest you to take 1/2 size smaller than your Barrie last size. Take the same size as your other Alden loafers size.

On shell LHS I have to go up a width to E, my high arches cause them to irritate the top of my foot in a D width.

shoetree

Reaction score
I'm about to order my first Van last shell leisure penny loafers that I will mostly wear without socks during the summer. The shoe vendor advised downsizing 1/2 size from the Barrie last. A 9.5D fits me perfect with the Barrie last with medium thick socks. Is downsizing the right guidance?

Low vamp, wide heel cup. We suggest you to take 1/2 size smaller than your Barrie last size. Take the same size as your other Alden loafers size.
If you’re wearing thick socks with Barrie, and you intend to wear the loafers without socks, I agree that sizing down 1/2 from Barrie may be your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads