• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
My experience matches yours. I happen to be wearing some natty shell today which was purchased 2.5 years ago. They do not get a great deal of wear, just every 4-5 weeks. I went back and pulling a picture from their first wearing that was taken indoors and without any alterations for flash, saturation, etc. I then took a picture today in the same office, with the same lack of any post processing. They are getting darker. Maiden wear first.

View attachment 1278028

View attachment 1278029
Do you store them in the shoe box or on a rack?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My experience matches yours. I happen to be wearing some natty shell today which was purchased 2.5 years ago. They do not get a great deal of wear, just every 4-5 weeks. I went back and pulling a picture from their first wearing that was taken indoors and without any alterations for flash, saturation, etc. I then took a picture today in the same office, with the same lack of any post processing. They are getting darker. Maiden wear first.

View attachment 1278028

View attachment 1278029
They look awesome in both photos!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 6’1” .. home pools are two strokes.. I frequent the Aquatic Center for 25 yard and 50 meter lanes.. go find one Dog.. I know your an ex swimmer looking for a nice relaxing swim 🏊‍♂️

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am 6’1” .. home pools are two strokes.. I frequent the Aquatic Center for 25 yard and 50 meter lanes.. go find one Dog.. I know your an ex swimmer looking for a nice relaxing swim 🏊‍♂️
At the house we sold, we had a 35 ft long pool in the yard, one side was a constant 4 foot depth, could swim laps all day. Put a pool (more recreational) in my son's back yard this past summer as my current yard won't accommodate a pool :(. You are right 3 strokes and I'm running into the wall. Have to join the Y as there is no where else here. As a competitive swimmer since age 8, I miss swimming laps. Does that make me strange? Can't just "have fun" in a pool as I don't know how, but that's what the ocean is for, right?

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
P, good to see you here and Nice to see an old goodie, the Brixton again!

One of my only pairs where the shell is turned to be lighter towards me, the one who stares at it all day!
View attachment 1277766
Hah. Well them Ravellos are looking just superb my friend!

View attachment 1277773
Daytrippers in the morning sun.
Absolute stunners right there. Nicely done!

Faded #8 X Leffot
X Tanker Tuesday
I like the white stitching contrast
View attachment 1277784

View attachment 1277783
D, those are just off the hook. Nicely done bud as those look insane.

Cigar cap toes putting commando to good use

View attachment 1277793
V, amazing looking Cigars on you today. Amazing to see snow!

TSM Plaza Brogue Medallion Caps
View attachment 1277809
Don, just exquisite and I love those pants. That nep is off the hook.

View attachment 1277815

Yesterday's attempt to get a sunlit shot before some parent teacher conferences.
Hope that your conferences went well because you are looking great!

Tuesday Alden x J. Crew PCT with crucial Guinness socks from our time in Dublin. These were professionally polished two years ago, have seen nothing but brushing since and are still crazy glossy in the right light.

Awesome looking JCrew PCT Boots. That has to be their quintessential model and your pics look just superb!

Fantastic looking AG PCT Boots today sir!

Feeling envious of all the rare shell but love these Color 8 by Leffot.
You needn’t be jealous as you have some beautiful looking boots right there!

I meant to get a pic of these out in the sunlight. Oh well.
View attachment 1278232
Beautiful looking King Indy Boots there D, looks great with your denim.

Looking just superb in your Sasso Boots today bud!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.