• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least from the pic it’s not bad. To me, the beauty of lighter suede is seeing the highs and lows and swirls in the nap. Have you treated with nano yet? I would if you plan on keeping them.
+1 on the Nano Protector. Won't even wear a pair of suede until treated any more.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfortunately they don’t. That particular part of the right boot is not as neppy and looks almost ‘oiled’ which makes it stand out to my eyes. If they would change on being brushed, it would be an easy fix. Hence, looking to see if someone has ideas ..
Shampoo them? Yes, one can shampoo suede. I think they look fine as is, part of the appeal. But that's just me.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question : Is there a way to lighten the shade of suede ?

The right B&M Davis Boot of mine has s much darker patch of Suede as seen in the picture.. the left boot is much more homogeneous looking. What can I do or apply to help the right boot look more uniform ?

View attachment 1162126
AoM posted some info on suede darkening over time. If you plan to wear them well overseas, plan on them darkening which will make them more uniform, in my opinion.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AoM posted some info on suede darkening over time. If you plan to wear them well overseas, plan on them darkening which will make them more uniform, in my opinion.

That’s what I read online as well .. hope it darkens and becomes more uniform. They weren’t too bad to begin with and that’s why I didn’t return them.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s what I read online as well .. hope it darkens and becomes more uniform. They weren’t too bad to begin with and that’s why I didn’t return them.
They really do look ok as is, and will darken with age, shampoo may help or some dedicated suede cleaner, but I think you should just wear the crap out of the and embrace the "patina"

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Natty NST for evening out with friends
IMG_5768.jpeg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Nano Protector. Won't even wear a pair of suede until treated any more.

Same. Even my suede belts. I also put Leather Defender on all my shell and calf right out the box as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads