• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty Alden x J Crew boots for Wingtip Wednesday.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190417085620527_COVER.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are called the brown CXL all terrain boot, AoC 42. Link. It was just an open pre-order and I signed up for a pair in EEE. Adam currently has pairs available in D width as part of his regular order.

So did you have the A/T sole converted to commando?

No. They come with commando soles. Perhaps this is a terminology or typo issue on the website. No sole options were given. I just ordered a pair and this is the way they come. But there is also the possibility I am pointing out the wrong boot or that AoC offers two different boots, with the soles being the only difference. I will inquire further.

I have heard from Adam and these are NOT the AoC 42. Adam states, "This is a brand new style that just arrived, not model AOC-42 as shown on our website. Your boots (AOC-105) have the commando sole (not All-Terrain), reverse welt (not flat) and golden tan moc. stitch (not white)."

So, there are the differences between the two and I have the 105. Which is good because I like them the way they came. He states he will have information on them up on the website in a few weeks.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So similar to my last poll question...

If you could only wear one pair of Aldens for a week, what would you choose?

(I know the answer will vary with work environment, and wardrobe situations, just curious to responses. Also I know no one in this thread would dare wear a pair of shoes back to back haha)

I'll start, I'd have to go with lhs #8. I feel like this covers 98% of my pants and even shorts if the weather was nice.

I wore only one pair of aldens for a week when I went on a cruise.
Cigar tassels worked well. Dressed them up and down.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore only one pair of aldens for a week when I went on a cruise.
Cigar tassels worked well. Dressed them up and down.
Solid choice. Once I get my aberdeen size down a tassel loafer will be in my closet

Kwaker

Reaction score
I'm still nervous but then thought that if Indy wore his through the Temple of Doom, I can wear mine with some indigo. If it bleeds, more character?

View attachment 1161812
I love indigo x indigo denim. I minimize the crocking by vigorously hand washing before the first wear.
Mind you, I would be much more concerned with natural CXL than brown pair you had on.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love indigo x indigo denim. I minimize the crocking by vigorously hand washing before the first wear.
Mind you, I would be much more concerned with natural CXL than brown pair you had on.
In my head I know darker colors will be fine. I'm still nervous about indigo and shell still. It's a fear I'll need to get over haha

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
I have heard from Adam and these are NOT the AoC 42. Adam states, "This is a brand new style that just arrived, not model AOC-42 as shown on our website. Your boots (AOC-105) have the commando sole (not All-Terrain), reverse welt (not flat) and golden tan moc. stitch (not white)."

So, there are the differences between the two and I have the 105. Which is good because I like them the way they came. He states he will have information on them up on the website in a few weeks.

Cool, thanks for tracking that down. Great looking boots!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The "long national nightmare" has ended after missing out on the Leffot version and I finally obtained the Indy makeup I wanted. Brown CXL, brass eyelets and hooks, 360 welt and commando sole. This is an AoC makeup. Maiden voyage.

View attachment 1161876

View attachment 1161877
And just when I thought I didn't need another Indy boot............. Those are very nice. Brown CXL and the brass is a good combo.

schweezly

Reaction score
How do you feel about milkshake suede? I’m still looking for a pair of suede shoes. Snuff is the obvious easy choice but I thought milkshake might be fun

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you feel about milkshake suede? I’m still looking for a pair of suede shoes. Snuff is the obvious easy choice but I thought milkshake might be fun
I'd be all over it if I found the right shoe. Would make a good dirty buck style...there was an Indy that looked quite nice too.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been after a Milkshake suede Indy or NST for a while, love the color. Don't know exactly what I would wear it with, but.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads