• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone wear modified last? Can it be compared to any other last regarding going up or down 1/2 size or width? I would just love to hang out at Moudled Shoe for a day.

fourdoggies

Reaction score
Anyone wear modified last? Can it be compared to any other last regarding going up or down 1/2 size or width? I would just love to hang out at Moudled Shoe for a day.
I think modified last fits a bit like Hampton in the arch and heel and a bit looser than Barrie in the toe. If you go down a half size in Barrie, you may also need to in Modified.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think modified last fits a bit like Hampton in the arch and heel and a bit looser than Barrie in the toe. If you go down a half size in Barrie, you may also need to in Modified.
Thank you. That’s helpful.

Reaction score

I find it extremely TTS. I have duck feet and get a bit of heel slip in my Grant last boots, but my Modified longwings are a perfect fit.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yenni just posted snuff wing tip boots on IG, hoping that means my pair are in.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it extremely TTS. I have duck feet and get a bit of heel slip in my Grant last boots, but my Modified longwings are a perfect fit.
Hmm, I had the heel slip and I couldn’t get the laces tight enough when I went TTS in grant.

cetrio

Reaction score
today wear
42003944_753541348321099_5209869504133201920_n.jpg

cxlfinder

Reaction score

I wear my 'normal' size. No adjustment. And yes, the Moulded Shoe team are fantastic.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a smooth chamois “All Terrain” Indy on Vibram lug from AoC. It’s really great. That sole is a tank. The only drawback for me was the sole and leather insole did not insulate from ye cold at all so on the snowiest days my feet would get damn frozen, even with warm thick woolen socks. I bough an LL Bean shearling insole pad and that solved the problem.
Did the insole change the fit for you? I have the same insoles and was thinking of doing the same thing and going up a half size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads