• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dang, soo many great shoes there! Great work guys! I am struggling with the new UI, is there a way to do multi-comments without it scrolling down?

-Mike
You just have to hit reply on the posts that you want. The idea is that you can decide to mult-quote half way through, instead of having to decide all at once. The downside is that you always go to the reply box, since the system doesn't know if you are ready to stop multi-quoting again... You win some...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg
I'm definitely falling in love with Alden boots. Here's my number 2 of 3, courtesy of Yenni.

Last edited:

adamf009

Reaction score
Alden x TSM Black Shell Grant Last Cap Toe Boots. There's something about black shell.

With the new UI, some may have missed some good stuff in Buy & Sell. Specifically pointing out @JSO1 with the Leffot Brixton and Epaulet Ryden boots.

65CiRmr.jpg

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden x TSM Black Shell Grant Last Cap Toe Boots. There's something about black shell.

With the new UI, some may have missed some good stuff in Buy & Sell. Specifically pointing out @JSO1 with the Leffot Brixton and Epaulet Ryden boots.

65CiRmr.jpg

Looking good! And thanks.

Skelnik

Reaction score

65CiRmr.jpg
Nice boots at a great price. Wish they were my size.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Great selections, Mike. Hope we're back for real.

Wore the cigar lwbs yesterday and the unlined #8 pennys 2day:
AYjJddA.jpg

ZC5sShA.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had been searching for a pair of Alden alpine grain LHS loafers for a few years now with no luck and recently found these on eBay.

23mk56r.jpg

These were just listed as "brown Alden loafers" but I don't think they are the alpine grain as they are a little softer and the grain is a bit more random than what I am used to with the Alpine grain. I suspect they are "country calf", but that's close enough for now. They were also listed as slightly used but the soles looked brand new when I received them and the interior footbeds looked untouched. NOS maybe?

Most interestingly, they were made for Façonnable in France... I didn't even know they sold Alden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt