• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codysch123

Reaction score

Believe me... I was drooling over that reversed tabacco. However, a Commando sole is a must this time. The Navy is beautiful too, but I'd prefer contrasting stitching. I'm told the Earth Chamois is a very unique charcoal color with undertones of green. I'm going in to see these in person tomorrow. I'll be sure to share photos!

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously need some help deciding. Two Norwegian Tankers. Left is Earth Chamois (smooth side). Right is Natural CXL.
In practical terms... I should get the Chamois because I could use dark boots more than light. Though I can't find much info about smooth Chamois because almost everything Alden has done with this leather uses the neppy reversed side. I think Natural CXL is rustic and beautiful, athough I have a lot of Natural CXL already. No matter what, they are both unique.
All that aside... which looks cooler to you guys?? I wish I could buy both.
(Photo credits: Brick and Mortar IG)
Smooth Chamois is awesome.
Here is a pair with about 3 years of wear.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello LWB on crepe.
Just sold a pair with a very similar shade; already starting to regret it...

cigar nst

Perfect Dv, perfect!

Quick and dirty pic but excited my LS chocolate Tanker just arrived.

Congrats on one of Alden's finest suede make-ups!

Hello,
My #8 LWB first wearing.
Thank you.

This shade is absolutely regal in the sunlight!

Nothing new here but a favorite of mine...

Simplicity at its best...

Simple Indy 403 with 3sixteen shadow selvedge kibatas.

Simplicity at its best (in a slightly different lighting)!

My Monsters.. comfort X 10. Trubalance #8 NST
I want these in a big way! Enjoy them often!

Whiskey Almost Wednesday

And yeah I know my socks dont match my pants, I'm behind on laundry.
Not sure why I haven't worn my pair that look just like these; fabulous whiskeys! I will wear mine tomorrow! (BTW, socks don't have to match pants per se, mine usually match my tie or shirt)

Seriously need some help deciding. Two Norwegian Tankers. Left is Earth Chamois (smooth side). Right is Natural CXL.
In practical terms... I should get the Chamois because I could use dark boots more than light. Though I can't find much info about smooth Chamois because almost everything Alden has done with this leather uses the neppy reversed side. I think Natural CXL is rustic and beautiful, athough I have a lot of Natural CXL already. No matter what, they are both unique.
I personally like the look of the Natty NST, but you really can't go wrong...

I unloaded a pair of whiskey PTBs years ago. Seeing these brings back my fondness for them. Enjoy!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just in case if you gents want to take a look at Alden's most up to date catalog...
Few styles (factory stock) were added :)

[ATTACHMENT=13786]ALDEN_CATALOG_09262016.pdf (1,047k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Thanks!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a fine looking blucher, @JSO1 ! I nearly had my chance with these but I was #3 for a run with two per size... ugh! You wear them well my friend...

totalair1

Reaction score
Picture from my hotel room in DC. Suit and tie day. Ralph Lauren suit with TSM Ravello NST shoe.

Steve

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Third outing for these today. Hard to see in this lighting but I believe the newer #8's have more eggplant

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the skirt around advertising for sale offerings, but any of the 11.5/12 gentleman please pm me if you'd like a list of stuff I'm soon unloading. Due to circumstances out of my control, I'll be selling off most of my pairs.

docalden2013

Reaction score
Things have been busy, so I rarely post or get to appreciate all the lovely Alden Appreciation. Glad to see the heavy hitters and veterans still at it (good to see Mdubs and DV and Repp and Sazon still here). Fun seeing the young guns like Jettasy owning it. Overall, I'm glad to see the welcoming and convivial atmosphere I enjoyed so much still at play. Hope you all are wearing your Aldens in good health!

Btw, black shell is underrated. My newest acquisition: Context Tanker boots in black

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this normal for Alden "first"?
yes, ive seen my share of that. i don't love that but don't mind it anymore.
chamois
Cigar cap toe today...
killer boots rtp and thanks for the kind words. there must have been something in the air...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads