• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I have a theory. Mac's shoes always look spectacular but used- very well cared for. The Mayor's also look spectacular but most don't seem used at all. I would like to see sole shots for illumination. Maybe they are used mostly indoors. If so, well played. :)
Ha. Thanks I guess. I do wear them outdoors. Pick a shoe and I will send a picture of the bottom of them. :)
cigar st argyles otc
Mac, those Cigars look amazing. That's such a rich shade of Cigar. Hope that they took good care of you today!
Well whaddaya' know. After so many months of wondering while they sat in the box, these do look great with jeans. #8 Alt-Wien Shell w/ double leather sole from Epaulet. My first Aldens and maiden voyage. Next time I'll wear the same A.P.C.'s but the smaller size I have. Or chinos. Damn, they really are beautiful shoes. I've been stalking here and all the Aldens I see are really nice/gorgeous. Boots are next! Y'all are inspiring!
LL
I'm an 11.5 narrow side of D and I went with a 10.5 Barrie because of my "narrowness". When I wear William Abraham socks or linen socks, they fit nice. A hair snug, but nice. They are comfortable...But there's a slight tug on the pinkie toe and the ankle lip up top by my ankle. They look so beautiful from above. I think if I went with an 11 they'd be too wide and long. I think..... Funny, I wear 10.5 Vibergs on the 1035 and 110 and while a bit wide at the forefoot, the balls of my feet hit spot on. I do need thick socks with the 110's though. Will the Shells break in or soften a bit in time? I put Jos. A. Bank medium trees in them. Maybe I'll swap out to large. Thanks folks!
Those look great. Good choice. Definitely want to have the L trees in them.
Ravello NST
75303f39b38ea2c90f3f59c5a1ae668d.jpg
6b06339c14a2942a6ca41a7cd5542b96.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don, those Ravello NSTs are just stellar Don. I love them.
Thanks guys, I'll keep them—it's not really that noticeable, and completely unnoticeable when wearing them.
Good choice.
Snuff Suede "Slippers" in Chicago:
Looking good in your Snuff Slippers. Those are some good looking Chukkas. Hope that you stay in Chicago long enough to see the opening of Leffot.
fantastic boots mayor and thanks for the kind words. great cigar shells Uncle Mac. well played donl. great ravellos.
Thanks DV!
#8 sw boots
Your Unionmade Color 8 WT Boots are looking good bud and have a great shine on them. Looking great! Hope that you enjoyed them.
Thanks Mike That Ravello Cap toe boot looks b'ful....
Thank you very much! -Mike

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it's ok to post this here in the Alden thread - I think it may be of interest to some of the folks here:

Limited Opportunity to join current MTO for the iconic LINDRICK Boot.

c7f57000_LindrickwRRLChino.jpeg

photo credit: @NAMOR

This MTO is days away from going into production. There was a last minute pull out. First come first serve.

Here are the specs:

Crockett and Jones
325 Last
Dark Brown Shell Cordovan (color may be darker than photo above, as there are variations in C&J's / Horween's brown shell)
Double Leather Sole
Storm Welt
Dark Antique Sole Edging
All Eyelets
Price: 583.36 GBP + 30 GBP for US shipping. The total including shipping comes to approximately $800 with the current favorable exchange rate. This is a bargain for a boot that would sell for $1000+ if it was being sold here in the USA.

Please PM me if you want to join.

randylahey6843

Reaction score
I have a question and I was ignored last time I asked so I am going to give it another shot. I have a pair of Alden Chukka (WSC) up for sale and I listed them in the classic men's wear section. Not a lot of views. Where do you guys put your boot listings? In the Classic Section or the Street Wear and Denim section? Thanks for any advice. Back to the so so nice pictures.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question and I was ignored last time I asked so I am going to give it another shot. I have a pair of Alden Chukka (WSC) up for sale and I listed them in the classic men's wear section. Not a lot of views. Where do you guys put your boot listings? In the Classic Section or the Street Wear and Denim section? Thanks for any advice. Back to the so so nice pictures.

Classic Menswear for all my Alden listings. Sometimes it just takes a little while to get interest. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll sell, Whiskey always does.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey Wednesday.... Circ 2012. These have more orange than the last two years productions. Also, all stitching even around the sides are white unlike the newer years, the new Whiskey shells are more tan in colour. I love the artisan in the shoe line... change is good. My old Whiskey LHS's vs new look very different.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mac, those Cigars look amazing. That's such a rich shade of Cigar. Hope that they took good care of you today!

-Mike

nephew,

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

34xglkg.jpg

whiskey wt
argyles otc

Last edited:

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've got three new make-ups I'm going to announce via email on Monday, but I figured I'd throw them out here first.

These are all on Barrie lasts, and I'm going to close off the ordering on 8/14.

1) 6-eyelet chukka boot (the "3 1/2 boot") in navy chromexcel on double waterlock sole. Flat welt, color match agatine eyelets.
2) Regina grain longwing blucher on commando sole. 360 storm welt, antique edging.
3) Mahogany walkabout plain-toe-boot on plantation crepe, brass hardware, no speedhooks, antique edging, 360 storm welt.

I do not have photos of these, as none of them exist yet, which is par for the course with new Alden styles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads