1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Neverending Story...

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Eric, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Eric

Eric Senior Member

Yep, this thread is actually about the movie (I haven't read the book)...

I'm 22, so this movie was released when I was a young scrapper. I have fond memories of watching it MANY times. But I don't remember why I liked it...

Recently I found it available for free on Comcast's "on demand" movie listings and just had to watch it again...and I was blown away! What a great movie! Man what a trippy, crazy, funny, and even intelligent movie it was.

You don't expect a movie so popular with children to be so entertaining for adults. I can think of only one other childrens movie (also a favorite of mine when I was a kid) that being "The Princess Bride"...

Its nice when a movie can bring back childhood memories and still be a movie that has a great, funny, and interesting plot you don't recollect. Its like seeing a movie that you have seen countless times before, but strangely for the first time...

Eric

2. visionology

visionology Distinguished Member

the big dog creeps me out.

i used to have a crush on the princess when i was a kid.

i still have the theme song on my hard drive.

3. ATM

ATM Senior Member

Obligatory Simpsons quote: "This is the greatest case of false advertising I've seen since I sued the movie The Never Ending Story."

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Ever seen the episode of Family Guy when they parody NVS by having Peter ride on the big dog, but he was too heavy? LMAO. God, I love that show.

Jon.

5. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Agreed, loved that movie. It's worth finding a copy of the book for a couple of bucks and taking a weekend to read it. Kind of like candy-coated Tolkein.

Tom

6. javyn

javyn Stylish Dinosaur

I can't say I was ever a fan of that movie. I still watch the Princess Bride to this day though, it makes me feel good inside. I never saw that one until I was older, but now I have a bit of a Christopher Guest fetish.