• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Neverending Story...

Eric

Reaction score
Yep, this thread is actually about the movie (I haven't read the book)...

I'm 22, so this movie was released when I was a young scrapper. I have fond memories of watching it MANY times. But I don't remember why I liked it...

Recently I found it available for free on Comcast's "on demand" movie listings and just had to watch it again...and I was blown away! What a great movie! Man what a trippy, crazy, funny, and even intelligent movie it was.

You don't expect a movie so popular with children to be so entertaining for adults. I can think of only one other childrens movie (also a favorite of mine when I was a kid) that being "The Princess Bride"...

Its nice when a movie can bring back childhood memories and still be a movie that has a great, funny, and interesting plot you don't recollect. Its like seeing a movie that you have seen countless times before, but strangely for the first time...

Eric

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the big dog creeps me out.

i used to have a crush on the princess when i was a kid.

i still have the theme song on my hard drive.

ATM

Reaction score
Obligatory Simpsons quote: "This is the greatest case of false advertising I've seen since I sued the movie The Never Ending Story."

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Agreed, loved that movie. It's worth finding a copy of the book for a couple of bucks and taking a weekend to read it. Kind of like candy-coated Tolkein.

Tom

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't say I was ever a fan of that movie. I still watch the Princess Bride to this day though, it makes me feel good inside. I never saw that one until I was older, but now I have a bit of a Christopher Guest fetish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads