• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

faerie826

Reaction score
First fitting from Hola Classic. 1 Suit and 1 Tux. please help critique!!
Hopefully the photos are clear! Both sleeves are a tad too short and will be let down. The back will also be slightly slimmer and the leg will also be a bit shorter. Standing at 5,4.

TUX:
Yh3GXV4.jpg

wHFdvoY.jpg
c7B9MHC.jpg
I4Rlpxg.jpg

More photos:
http://imgur.com/a/w5wca

Suit
fL34d6L.jpg

SFx5NdI.jpg
1cznhO7.jpg

More photos:
http://imgur.com/a/X52ee

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

MrBergschrund

Reaction score
First fitting from Hola Classic. 1 Suit and 1 Tux. please help critique!!
Hopefully the photos are clear! Both sleeves are a tad too short and will be let down. The back will also be slightly slimmer and the leg will also be a bit shorter. Standing at 5,4.

TUX:
Yh3GXV4.jpg

wHFdvoY.jpg
c7B9MHC.jpg
I4Rlpxg.jpg

More photos:
http://imgur.com/a/w5wca

Suit
fL34d6L.jpg

SFx5NdI.jpg
1cznhO7.jpg

More photos:
http://imgur.com/a/X52ee

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

just some suggestions:
both tux and suit sleeves can be longer

the major issues are the pants. thigh is too tight, and the length for the suit can be shorten and tighten on the ankle.

Hifilover

Reaction score
After choosing the fabric, first fitting would be conducted immediately with the aid of the trial suits. The suit will then be created for the second fitting. Alternations will be done if necessary.

The fitting of the jacket is nice and that of the trousers is great.

Does it mean no baste fitting and no forward fitting ? Second fitting means put on finished suit to check if any alteration need.

faerie826

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's comments!

Trousers back looks tight . Can you sit comfotablely ?
Yes, already tried. I thought it looked tight too but it felt OK.
Also the back part at the waist should be quite tight.
Agreed, I will ask them to tighten it
just some suggestions:
both tux and suit sleeves can be longer

the major issues are the pants. thigh is too tight, and the length for the suit can be shorten and tighten on the ankle.
Agreed, have already asked to lengthen the sleeves and shorten the pants. I'll see if the thigh can be loosened. Will also ask to tighten the ankle.
Sleeves can be improve. A lot of ripples along sleeve especially near shoulder area .
What would you suggest? should it be tighter then?
Not a fan of the tux
What exactly about it? The colour came out lighter than I expected but we didn't want it black since it's a wedding (wear it once) tux and there will be guests who will be in black tux. It's common to go multi-coloured in Hong Kong anyway. I would invest more on a black tux in the future but honestly there's not many occassions to wear one. It was only like $3.5k from Hola Classics, including waistecoat so I'm not expecting too much.

Does it mean no baste fitting and no forward fitting ? Second fitting means put on finished suit to check if any alteration need.
This was the first fitting after getting measured, the first time i saw the suit/tux. so no baste and forward. I guess Hola is a cheaper place? Or originally there was a time limit (something like 2-3 weeks) so maybe that's why they skipped it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads