• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hifilover

Reaction score
Good to know that you did not have the same experience with TPR.:laugh:

Your experience is quite extraordinary so I just searched the thread if anybody had such an experience. DB's reputation was/is good over all. I just saw you yourself were a very happy customer of Dream 3.5 years ago ordering quite a few stuff and recommended Dream. So your story of no fitting 2nd suit 2 years ago does not hang together well.

Something funny going on here?

No fitting since 2nd suit. The last suit was 2 years ago.

Risen

Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm going to be in Shenzhen from the 15th-23rd, and unfortunately I won't have the time to go into Hong Kong (business trip). Are there any specific tailors you would recommend that aren't using fused construction for a suit? I won't be coming back to China until late August or I would just wait and go to a tailor in HK since they have tailor-m.com to look up places.

All the research I've done has pointed me to either this thread or to Luohu/Coastal City, but no specific names of tailors and apparently there are tons.

I'm looking to pick up ~6 shirts, and 2 suits. I will have an interpreter with me at all times so language barrier shouldn't be an issue.

MrBergschrund

Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm going to be in Shenzhen from the 15th-23rd, and unfortunately I won't have the time to go into Hong Kong (business trip). Are there any specific tailors you would recommend that aren't using fused construction for a suit? I won't be coming back to China until late August or I would just wait and go to a tailor in HK since they have tailor-m.com to look up places.

All the research I've done has pointed me to either this thread or to Luohu/Coastal City, but no specific names of tailors and apparently there are tons.

I'm looking to pick up ~6 shirts, and 2 suits. I will have an interpreter with me at all times so language barrier shouldn't be an issue.

In HK:
Shirts:
Janzten / Graly
Ascot

Suits:
Brown's Tailor / Dream Bespoke / Gordan Yao
WW Chan
H.Boroman (If you like old classic cut)

Those are the ones you can give it a try and can't exactly go too wrong... (from experice)

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score

Your interpreter can guide you to your Shenzhen tailor shop for full canvas construction suits easily.

For normal case in HK & Shenzhen, 1 week for fitting and 1 week to complete the work of a suit, ie. 2 weeks, and 1 week for shirt. There could be a few more days for 1st time customers for suit alternations. For the difference between HK and Shenzhen, British and Italian fabrics cost more in Shenzhen, and HK tailor shops offer more choice of fabric. The reality is suits supplied by most HK tailor shops are actually produced in Shenzhen. In your case, I suggest to go HK tailor shops, they can mail the finished products to you.

For me, I go Shenzhen for winter traveling jackets with fused construction and China cashmere fabrics, I go HK for decent suits with full canvas construction and British and Italian fabrics. You can go tailor shops in HK and Shenzhen.

Last edited:

dhkt

Reaction score
Have any of you heard of The Prologue? How are they compare to the usual big names mentioned in this thread?

FYR, here's my first suit by Prologue Hong Kong (Please ignore the background)

20170515_084340.jpg

20170515_084418.jpg

20170515_084253.jpg

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks to be an interesting suit. Are you able to post rear and profile views without the coat and also the inside of the coat please to see the attention to detail?

sldsd

Reaction score

Trebonair in Shenzhen is OK. Their business seems doing OK in mainland and they even have a shop in Shanghai which ONLY uses Loro Piana fabric (full range including Storm System, usually you can not see them in normal tailoring atelier). I plan to order a bespoke overcoat from them.

dhkt

Reaction score
Looks to be an interesting suit. Are you able to post rear and profile views without the coat and also the inside of the coat please to see the attention to detail?

Maybe I will post the rear and profile views of the trousers later. I like the cutting of the trousers. It's quite clean and not too slim.

Some more photos:

Jacket
Shirt Shoulder without padding
00_shoulder.jpg

Milanese Buttonhole
01_buttonhole.jpg

Chest Pocket and Front Dart
02_chest.jpg

Jetted Pocket
03_pocket.jpg

Collar
04_collar.jpg

Inside
05_inside.jpg

Inner Pocket
06_inner.jpg

Sleeve Buttons
07_sleeves.jpg

Trousers

Inside
01.jpg

Double reverse pleats & French Fly
02.jpg

Rear buttoned pocket
04_back pocket.jpg

Buttoned cuff
05_buttoned cuff.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

03_pocket.jpg

teoky

Reaction score
Is that a small tear on your button cuff? Other than that, it looks good to me. Maybe other forum member can chime in.

Yea, their house style is certainly more italian. That's a nice tie you have there by the way.

dhkt

Reaction score
Is that a small tear on your button cuff? Other than that, it looks good to me. Maybe other forum member can chime in.

Yea, their house style is certainly more italian. That's a nice tie you have there by the way.
The "small tear" is where the cuff is buttoned up. I unfold the cuff to show the button.

Thank you. The tie is from vanda fine clothing.

dhkt

Reaction score
Looks great.
How was the process working with them and how do you find the fitting of the suit seeing it is MTM.

After choosing the fabric, first fitting would be conducted immediately with the aid of the trial suits. The suit will then be created for the second fitting. Alternations will be done if necessary.

The fitting of the jacket is nice and that of the trousers is great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads