• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bamboo

Reaction score
Does it mean no baste fitting and no forward fitting ? Second fitting means put on finished suit to check if any alteration need.

Not 100% clear from @dhkt 's description. "Created for the second fitting" can mean created for so called forward fitting or the actually "second fitting" is done on the finished product. As being MTM, I am not surprised if the latter is the case.

@faerie826 's case with Hola is the latter. He described it as the first fitting but the garment is already completed. Any adjustment is really an alteration to the finished product.

bamboo

Reaction score
This was the first fitting after getting measured, the first time i saw the suit/tux. so no baste and forward. I guess Hola is a cheaper place? Or originally there was a time limit (something like 2-3 weeks) so maybe that's why they skipped it.[/QUOTE]

HKD3500 is not an expensive place for sure. Usually the shop tells you the procedure before hand.
There is a limitation of adjustment doable once the garment is finished and it is more troublesome to make a change on the finished product as it was already fully sewn in, to change sleeve length they need to undo shoulders and adjust and sew again...to fix ripple they need to undo seams etc etc. I wonder it is more annoying for the tailor shop to skip the fitting unless they are sure they can make a fitting garment or they can talk you up and sending out of the door happily.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afair for Hola's product they are either ready-made suit with adjustments, or made- to-measure.

Felt it's too contemporary so I skipped it after trying in person - not to mention they don't have my size.

bamboo

Reaction score
@faerie826 I would put the flap of the pocket inside to make it look like a jetted pocket and make the jacket no vent by closing the side.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think tuxedos should be classic, not Prince Charming costumes (not that yours is). You can't go wrong with simple classic tuxedos, no one will ever say they're boring.

faerie826

Reaction score
@faerie826 I would put the flap of the pocket inside to make it look like a jetted pocket and make the jacket no vent by closing the side.
Would it be a lot of work? that's a good idea, it would make the tux look a lot cleaner!

This was the first fitting after getting measured, the first time i saw the suit/tux. so no baste and forward. I guess Hola is a cheaper place? Or originally there was a time limit (something like 2-3 weeks) so maybe that's why they skipped it.

HKD3500 is not an expensive place for sure. Usually the shop tells you the procedure before hand.
There is a limitation of adjustment doable once the garment is finished and it is more troublesome to make a change on the finished product as it was already fully sewn in, to change sleeve length they need to undo shoulders and adjust and sew again...to fix ripple they need to undo seams etc etc. I wonder it is more annoying for the tailor shop to skip the fitting unless they are sure they can make a fitting garment or they can talk you up and sending out of the door happily.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Yes Hola is MTM. I have not had any experience with bespoke yet. One day though!

I think tuxedos should be classic, not Prince Charming costumes (not that yours is). You can't go wrong with simple classic tuxedos, no one will ever say they're boring.
I do agree a classic tuxedo is timeless and the best, but I guess as a groom, I would want to stand out? If other people are also wearing black tux, it won't be as distinctive? But I know what you mean, which is why I settled with a blue. But it's a bit lighter than my preferance. I just hope the dark hotel lighting will downplay the blue.

Afair for Hola's product they are either ready-made suit with adjustments, or made- to-measure.

Felt it's too contemporary so I skipped it after trying in person - not to mention they don't have my size.
They are MTM. They are very contemporary. I guess I wanted to avoid being too traditional/old school with the cutting since I'm 5,4ft and skinny. I believe traditional tailors tend to be looser fit? Since I'm pretty n00b at this I might not be able to tell the tailor what exactly I want.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The I'm slender build with broad shoulders, so the tailor tends to avoid making it too slim while keeping the natural waist line.

The suit was made in way to stand out (lol) by not-so-common style

IMG_1119.JPG

Last edited:

dhkt

Reaction score
Does it mean no baste fitting and no forward fitting ? Second fitting means put on finished suit to check if any alteration need.

Not 100% clear from @dhkt 's description. "Created for the second fitting" can mean created for so called forward fitting or the actually "second fitting" is done on the finished product. As being MTM, I am not surprised if the latter is the case.

It is MTM, so I assume that would be a no.

bamboo and teoky are right. There are no basted fitting and forward fitting in my case.

As far as I know, they also provide bespoke services if necessary. I'm not sure of the whole process. This is what I see from their facebook.
未命名.jpg

bamboo

Reaction score
Would it be a lot of work? that's a good idea, it would make the tux look a lot cleaner!

They are MTM. They are very contemporary. I guess I wanted to avoid being too traditional/old school with the cutting since I'm 5,4ft and skinny. I believe traditional tailors tend to be looser fit? Since I'm pretty n00b at this I might not be able to tell the tailor what exactly I want.

Hi. You can just put the flaps in your pocket as far as the opening of the pocket was done properly. Closing the side vents is just easy but it can affect some movement of the body. Anyway congratulation to your wedding, most important is that the bride likes it or not.

Chowkin

Reaction score
Here's what I have commissioned from Dream Bespoke recently. The jacket has a relaxed fit with my preference of lapel width and sleeve length. The shirt shoulder is slight extended. I'm happy with the result as always.

How do you compare Prologue & Dream Bespoke?

hippotamus

Reaction score
Maybe I will post the rear and profile views of the trousers later. I like the cutting of the trousers. It's quite clean and not too slim.

Some more photos:

Jacket
Shirt Shoulder without padding
View attachment 782219

Milanese Buttonhole
View attachment 782220

Chest Pocket and Front Dart
View attachment 782221

Jetted Pocket
View attachment 782222

Collar View attachment 782223

Inside View attachment 782224

Inner Pocket
View attachment 782225

Sleeve Buttons View attachment 782226

Trousers

Inside
View attachment 782230

Double reverse pleats & French Fly View attachment 782231

Rear buttoned pocket View attachment 782234

Buttoned cuff
View attachment 782235
View attachment 782236
View attachment 782237

View attachment 782233

These details are nice, it is definitely up there in the Hong Kong market

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads