• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnnybravo

Reaction score
Thank you all for the observations. I will look to address them during my next fitting. I believe both issues, button point and open quarters, are being caused by the way the jacket was pinned during the fitting but will certainly pay attention to them next time. I should have noted that this will be a 3 roll 2, clearly am a novice at this.

Now I just need to see about that sleeve...

vinveritas

Reaction score
There's pattern-matching at the back (horizontal lines on the body aligned with those in the sleeves), but not in front. But if you're not so finicky...

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe Peter Lee owns his store, so I'm guessing he's done well on redevelopment...I'm wondering if anyone has tried Dream Bespoke? I dropped by and the suits looked quite nice. Young guy running it who's father is a tailor. Very soft shoulder. Limited website but has a Facebook page.

I have one suit pending, will report back when it is done.

Hifilover

Reaction score
BTW, may I know what is the cost for a full canvas jacket/pants by Gordan Yao/Dream Bespoke, if fabric is provided by me?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Sounds more like it. For CMT, U.S. $1,300 seemed very steep, especially since I'd always heard Yao and Chan were pretty closely comparable in price.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Sounds more like it. For CMT, U.S. $1,300 seemed very steep, especially since I'd always heard Yao and Chan were pretty closely comparable in price.
I think that's Gordon's going rate for VBC 110.

My mistake. The CMT rate for GY is $1050 USD.

deutschenieur

Reaction score
I'm sure word of mouth and repeat business no doubt helps their business tremendously. I guess we want Attolini suits at Jos A Bank prices!
biggrin.gif

I think Chan is still very good as I just had a suit made up when I went to HK two months ago. The place was packed. I'm starting to use Simpson Sin a bit more as their cut I like more and their price is about $650 USD for VBC fabric.

Labor, Gas prices coupled with wool and cotton prices skyrocketing drove the prices up during the last several years . Both Yao and Ascot Chang told me that.

I remember
Hello, first time post but long time lurker. I'm curious, $650 USD for VBC from Simpson Sin - is that fully canvassed? And do they have Thomas Mason or other brands of shirt fabrics?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello, first time post but long time lurker. I'm curious, $650 USD for VBC from Simpson Sin - is that fully canvassed? And do they have Thomas Mason or other brands of shirt fabrics?

Yes, but I had to ask for full canvassed. They have a wide selection of shirting fabrics including TM.

deutschenieur

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. How much are their (non-fused with MOP buttons) shirts with TM? On another note, does anyone know if GY/Simpson Sin/Dream Bespoke or others can use Neapolitan features (i.e. natural shoulders, open quarters, softer canvas?, etc. )

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GY make one of the best 3 roll to 2 in Hong Kong.

I think they can do natural shoulders, open quarters, softer canvas, but... is that Neapolitan features?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads