• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor NV

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I am looking for a full canvas sport coat. I already bought a fabric. I have a one fabric from Loro Piana it’s wool and linen mix. I have two other fabric linen mix from Solbiati. Yes, I have read the content on this specific thread for last 2 years. My budget is approx $400 for tailoring as I already have a fabric. I appreciate your help!

Eucris

Reaction score
If you have read the contents of this forum properly you wouldn't go with your initial choice.
That seems to be a tight budget. Have you had any consideration on the style you're looking for? Pictures might help if you aren't adept with exact descriptions.

Doctor NV

Reaction score
sorry I didn’t clarify it US$400 per jacket approx US$1200-1300. I will go for standard two buttons, notch lapel and double vent.

Doctor NV

Reaction score
2951817C-3833-4997-81C9-FE9E4F9CDA6C.jpeg

Eucris

Reaction score
In my opinion, this doesn't look well executed. I would suggest you consider Dream bespoke but just one jacket at a time. You need to do a bit more research unfortunately I haven't got sufficient time to explain the intricacies of what you need to consider but there's sufficient information on this thread. Please re-read the contents of this thread & nail down the specifics, others will be able to chime in and help you.

Doctor NV

Reaction score
In my opinion, this doesn't look well executed. I would suggest you consider Dream bespoke but just one jacket at a time. You need to do a bit more research unfortunately I haven't got sufficient time to explain the intricacies of what you need to consider but there's sufficient information on this thread. Please re-read the contents of this thread & nail down the specifics, others will be able to chime in and help you.
Thank you so much for reply. I contact Dream Bespoke via Instagram. I appreciated your help. I would share my experience here. I would appreciate others help as well.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I’ll probably not put all eggs in the same basket. Also think whether you want different styles/cut for each jacket. Different tailors have different house cuts.

On the other hand, when you get something made bespoke, usually the 2nd and 3rd iterations are improvements over the 1st. I'd rather find a tailor whose house style I like and get three suits from them, than to go to three tailors, assuming that all three have a similar-enough vision in terms of cut, fit, and style.

Doctor NV

Reaction score
On the other hand, when you get something made bespoke, usually the 2nd and 3rd iterations are improvements over the 1st. I'd rather find a tailor whose house style I like and get three suits from them, than to go to three tailors, assuming that all three have a similar-enough vision in terms of cut, fit, and style.
Thanks for your response. I would like to try and get an experience in Hongkong. I am willing to try different tailors and post my experience here to contribute to this forum. The high end tailors are asking more than USD 1000 for tailoring. I am willing to spend USD 400-600 per jacket as I am providing my own fabric but still confused where to go.

Wongtouski

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I would like to try and get an experience in Hongkong. I am willing to try different tailors and post my experience here to contribute to this forum. The high end tailors are asking more than USD 1000 for tailoring. I am willing to spend USD 400-600 per jacket as I am providing my own fabric but still confused where to go.
For newer tailors there’s Anthology, prologue and the fausset. I follow them on IG and there’s some info on them here also.

The idea of good price to product ratio in HK is almost gone largely due to how bloody expensive everything in HK is so be prepared to pay more than you’d think for good quality, especially if you want your jacket made in HK and not China.

And the thing is with tailors in HK is that you can’t really just given them a photo and say hey copy that style…it’s just not in the culture. You gotta be SUPER specific and adamant, and even still you gotta say it a few times. So that’s essentially where value from WW Chan and the really exp ppl come in. For the 3 tailors I mentioned they have a very obvious styling note, they show you in their IG post and they also talk about it on their website. Easiest route is to pick the style you like and just go to that one.

Hope you have fun in your journey!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads